Chapter 6 Pt 1- one last meal

That morning, I woke up with a dreaded headache. Last night I had stayed up later then usual to brainstorm, but as I looked towards the whiteboard in the corner of my room, I realised that you couldn't actually tell what it was. It just looked like a bunch of scibbles.

Getting changed, I made my way out into the hallway only for it to be, well empty. There was nobody in sight. Just silence. I guessed nobody was up yet so I went to go sit down in the cafeteria. Usually there would be a lot of food laid out already by Osamu and Tendou. But after yesterdays trial I can't blame them for wanting to stay in.

I wanted to do something for everyone. So I ended up looking around the kitchen and seeing what we had. I didn't know how to make much. Back at home my parents and older brother did most of the cooking. I usually just made stuff whenever they went out. That or I'd get takeaway.

There were some things I knew how to make though. Like pancakes, and toast. And of course cereal. And luckily everything that I needed was right at my disposal.

The look on everyone's faces when they made their way in was priceless. I guessed they all met up outside the dorms and walked over together because they all arrived at the same time. They looked incredibly shocked.

"What's all this for?" Osamu asked, taking a seat as he looked at all the food set out.

"Well can't have you guys doing the cooking every time right? This could be a last meal, I wanted to do something to say thank you for all your help so far.."

Everyone seemed too stunned to speak, until I felt sniffles and felt myself being tackled to the floor by a certain owl boy.

"Y/N-CHANNN!!!! THANK YOUUUUUU!!!"

"Jesus calm down! It's no big deal really!"

Kuroo dragged Bokuto away, before sitting down both him and his friend. Digging into the pancakes that were in front of him.

"You didn't mess up the kitchen did you?"

"..."

"..."

"...no"

Before anybody could moan, we heard the sound of the announcement begin to play. Hopefully for the last time.

"Good morning everyone! As you may already know, today is your official last day here! For today you attempt to uncover the mystery of this game!"

The voice took a small break, where the silence was interrupted by a microphone noise before he continued.

"As you may know, all rooms are unlocked and ready to be explored! Will you solve this mystery and leave? Or fall victim to despair..."

With that, the announcement ended. Leaving all of us to sit there and wonder.

"Just now," Kuroo began, "what was that noise?"

"You mean the one between his words?"

Kuroo nodded at Bokuto, then turning towards the rest of us to see if anybody knew.

"It sounded like something from a microphone, you know when you need to adjust it or it's too close to something"

I made some gestures with my hands to try and explain what exactly I meant. And it seemed like everyone relatively understood. Tendou mentioned how he'd done an interview for Shiratorizawa before, and that he heard that noise a couple of times when he knocked it.

"I mean it makes a little sense I guess, he's probably using the announcer's room to speak to us. It's probably just from the mic in there"

"THATS IT!"

We all jumped at Bokuto's response. Osamu nearly falling out of his chair.

"If he's using that room then there's probably a lot of clues there! We should definitely check around there as soon as!"

"Seems a bit obvious though.." Osamu started, "I mean don't get me wrong it makes sense to check there, but we also need to think of the possibility that they've moved stuff from there to keep us from uncovering the truth"

After discussing it all a bit more, we decided to split into two groups. Kuroo, Bokuto and Tendou would check the bottom two floors, whilst me and Osamu checked the top floor. With Osamu suggesting we start in the library.

"Why there?"

"Well, there's usually secret books and stuff in the tv shows"

I sighed and giggled a little before entering the room.  Ever since coming here I actually hadn't investigated the library yet, or been here at all in fact. Books just aren't really my thing.

"Why are you looking at those with such disgust?"

Osamu asked me, whilst sliding back the book had had pulled out from the shelf.

"My mum used to force me to read all the time, after a while it just wasn't fun anymore. If anything it felt like a chore"

I sighed, putting the book back in its spot before tracing my fingers over the next one.

"I gave up after a while. My mum certainly wasn't happy. Tried comic books as a compromise but that still wasn't good enough apparently."

Sliding out the book slightly, I checked for anything behind it before sliding it back.

"So yeah slightly bad memories of stuff like this"

Osamu shrugged, saying how Atsumu went through something similar. As he was recalling the memories, I could see slight tears in his eyes. He was trying to hold back.

I went up to him and gently rubbed him on the back. He seemed slightly surprised, but gently smiled. Messing up my hair and turning back to the book case.

"Now then"

Osamu slid the book out of the shelf. And just like that the entire walls suddenly began to shake. Slowly opening up to reveal a passageway leading somewhere.

"Well..that's weird"

"Just come on"

Grabbing Osamu by the hand I began to drag him into the tunnel. Wondering what we would encounter.