Chapter 2 Pt 4- Investigation

Without thinking I got up from the floor, forgeting about what just happened and ran downstairs with Akaashi behind me.

We met up with Futakuchi on the way down, and made our way where we heard everybody speaking at once. In front of the auditorium entrance. Taking a deep breath I slowly pushed myself towards the front of the crowd. And that's when I felt the feeling of despair for the third time...

And there... Hung up at the top of the stage, along with his legs and arms...was Daishou...

You had to be kidding me...

"DAMMIT!" Futakuchi spoke out. "NOT AGAIN!"

Daishou was a prankster and cheater, but he was a good person at heart. He didn't deserve this, why would somebody target him... I didn't understand..

This couldnt be happening... I don't wanna do another class trial... I don't want to have to send somebody else to death...

"Did they really have to trash where my entrance was!"

Monomolten appeared from behind us, scaring everybody. We were all already very on edge so it wasn't very hard...

"Well anyways, I kinda got in trouble for using the cheap and lazy option last time so here ya go I guess"

He handed us all the Monomolten file for Daishou without saying a word. Then bidding us farewell and disappearing again.

I breathed out a sigh of relief, when Akaashi came up to me.

"Are you feeling ok?"

"You mean about what happened upstairs? I think so... It still hurts to move slightly but the pains mostly gone away"

It seems like Kenma heard us talking, because he asked us what we were going on about.

"(Y/n)'s transmitter was being risen before the body announcement came. It stopped when the announcement was held"

"Wait... Does that mean..?"

"AONE!"

Without the rest of us Futakuchi bolted out of the room, followed by Kenma, Akaashi and Ushijima.

Many others went to go see if they were alright as well. Eventually it was simply me, Kageyama and Atsumu. I wanted to visit Tendou, but I knew that we didn't have much time to search for clues, and I could talk to him as much as I wanted to later.

I made sure to check the Monomolten file first. But this time it was strange. There was no cause of death, and there was no time of death either. There honestly wasn't much to go on so I realised it was a dead end.

Reluctantly I made my way to the stage, looking for the rope that was holding Daishou up. Atsumu came up to the stage and begun cutting ropes at random, before finding the one that made Daishous body fall onto the stage.

As I went to inspect the body, I realised how Daishous neck had no marks on it. I guess that ruled out any possibility of the role being used as a murder weapon. Just to be sure I untied all the rope from his neck, arms and legs. Another thing I noticed was that the stage was completely empty.

After a little while Kageyama called me over to near the door. It looked like the floor was wet for some reason. And when I looked up near the door, there were scuff marks on the handle above it.

I decided there weren't enough clues inside to determine much, so I made my way into the hallway, where I ran into Osamu. He told me about how last night he went to go get a drink, but saw how the auditorium door was locked.

I thanked him before I realised he was carrying some empty bottles which he needed to put away. There were a lot so I helped him carry them towards the bin in the kitchen. But when we got there I realised the bin had tons of wipes stuffed inside it.

Nevertheless I said goodbye to Osamu before deciding to check on the storage room, seeing as that might be where they got the role from. I made my way inside and sure enough there was a role missing from the shelf. I had another look around to see if anything else was taken and made sure to count the dumbells as well. However when I checked one of them it was stained. I'm not sure what the stain was exactly as it was too dark to tell.

As I left the storage room I realised there was a red stain a little while from the door. Was it blood? Or something else.

I begun walking around to see if anybody had any information. When I ran into Kenma, he stated how he was with Kuroo the whole night. Which I can believe.

I then asked him If he knew who originally discovered the body. He said that it was Oikawa so I went to question him about how he found it. He said he had gone to open the curtains to the stage to see if anything from the storage room had somehow moved there. He did this after meeting up with Futakuchi, who compared lists with him and realised everything was similar apart from one rope.

I thanked Oikawa and begun to question others, however nobody else really had anything useful. I was starting to wonder what else I could do. I didn't know what other clues I could gather. That was until I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Heya~ ya miss me?"

Knowing exactly who it was I didn't even say hello before engulfing Tendou in a hug. Which he returned. I let go after a second.

"You worried me to death!"

"Sorry~"

"You better be! Faint like that again I dare you!"

I realised he felt bad, so I took a sigh of relief and explained the situation. He had already heard about Daishou from Ushijima who had come to visit him. Apparently Ushi was very worried and confused about what to do when he woke up because he was still very dizzy. That made me laugh slightly.

Before I knew it though, Monomolten's announcement came sooner then I had hoped.

"Ok kids! You've had enough time to investigate, now get your asses over to the gym asap! Don't keep me waiting!"

And with that we all began making our way over. One of us killed Daishou. Was it because of the motive? Or because of some other reason...

Either way, I can't blame myself for what happens next. I'm not alone in this, and we will find the killer. Mark my words.

Trial start!!