Chapter 5*

Third POV) Whittemore house

"I'm starting to feel a little weird about this..." Mark says, giving Jackson the camera from his car. "No, no, no, no-- what you're feeling is a hundred dollars richer. Give me the camera and go buy yourself another fancy lens, or light meter, or whatever gives your photography geeks a hard-on." Jackson says. Mark looks at him through narrow eyes.

"This doesn't have anything to do with Allison, does it?" Mark asks hesitantly, he likes her and doesn't want anyone else to be with her. "I saw you two at the dance the other night, and I kind of figured that you two, were... you know... together." Mark says again.

"Aw, you have a little thing for Allison, Mark? A little-a little crush?" Jackson asks tauntingly, making Mark shake his head. "No..." he says. "You think I'm gonna waste my time by doing something as unbelievably ordinary as making a sex tape?" Jackson says, laughing at the insinuation.

"...Then, what are you doing?" Mark finally asks. "Documenting history-- my history. And I want to be able to see it happening. All of it. You'll get it back tomorrow." Jackson says, leaving Mark standing alone on the road.

(Third POV) Lahey house

"If Isaac didn't kill his father, who did?" Scott asks, looking at Derek who was walking into the house. "I don't know yet." He answers, not looking his way. "Then how do you know he's telling the truth?" Scott asks, making Derek sigh loudly.

"Because I trust my senses. And it's a combination of them-- not just your sense of smell." Derek says, getting impatient. "You saw the lacrosse thing today..." Scott says, sheepishly scratching the back of his head. "Yeah." Derek says, rolling his eyes. This makes Scott sigh. "Did it look that bad?" he asks, this makes Derek turn to him. "Yeah." He answers.

"You wanna learn? Let's start now." Derek says when they reach the basement of the home. "What's down there?" Scott asks. "Motive." Derek says, already having found what he was looking for. "And what am I looking for?" Scott asks impatiently.

"Follow your senses." Derek says, taking a step back. "What happened down here?" Scott asks when he sees the large refrigerator in front of him. His senses are telling him to check it out. "The kind of thing that leaves an impression. Open it." Derek says, pointing to the object in front of them.

Scott opens the cooler and sees the scratch marks on the inside. He looks at them and then looks back at Derek with a shocked expression. "This is why he said yes to you." Scott says, making Derek nod at him. "Everyone wants power." He says, glancing back at the scratch marks.

"If we help you, then you have to stop. You can't just go around turning people into Werewolves!" Scott exclaims. "I can if they're willing." Derek says matter-of-factly. "Did you tell Isaac about the Argents? About being hunted?" Scott then asks, giving Derek a pointed look of disbelief.

"Yes. And he still asked." Derek says. "Then he's an idiot." Scott says sighing. "And you're the idiot dating Argent's daughter." Derek fires back. This makes Scott look at him in shock. "Yeah, I know your little secret... And, if I know, how long do you think it's gonna take for them to find out? You saw what happens to an Omega. With me, you learn how to use all of your senses. With me, you learn control-- even on a full moon." Derek says.

"If I'm with you, I lose her." Scott says sadly, looking at the ground. "You're gonna lose her anyway. You know that." Derek says, walking away. "Wait-- I'm not part of your pack... But I want him out. He's my responsibility, too." Scott says, making Derek scoff. "Why? Because he's one of us?" he asks, making Scott shake his head. "Because he's innocent." He explains.