Chapter 13*

(Third POV)

"Butterfly." Lydia says, looking at the first picture that Marin had shows her. She shows Lydia another one, getting the same reaction out of her. She did it a few more times and almost gives up on the fourth try. She sees Lydia staring at one of the pictures, not moving an inch.

"...Lydia?" Marin asks a little worried. Lydia then snaps out of it and looks back at the counselor. "Danaus plexippus." Lydia says, making the counselor roll her eyes. "Which is the scientific name for...?" she asks, making Lydia smirk a bit. "Butterfly." Lydia then says.

"Lydia, what is it gonna take to get you to open up?" Marin asks. "I don't know what you're talking about. I'm as honest and open as a person can be." Lydia says, trying to play dumb. Marin looks at the card and says "Huh. I would've said "wolf." before putting it back down on the table.

...

Mark walks into the library, spotting Danny and Jackson at a table. He quickly walks over to them and pulls out a chair for himself. "So, who do you know that can get into your house?" Mark asks Jackson. "What do you mean? Like, break in?" Jackson asks, looking at Mark in disbelief.

"Or someone who has a key... who also knows how to edit out two hours of footage out of a tape and knows how to loop it..." Mark says again, now being a little sarcastic. "I can do it. I write my own software, and I know your mom forgets to lock the kitchen door." Danny says, a smirk forming on his face.

"I could've done it, too, considering it's my camera. Actually, we could've done it together." Mark says, seeing Jackson roll his eyes at him and Danny. "All right, I gotta go to my next class, but, uh, I'll be back later to help if you guys want it." Mark says, standing from his seat and patting Danny on his back.

"Definitely." Danny says, watching the boy leave from the library. He looks over, to see Jackson looking at him in disbelief. "...What?" Danny asks, making Jackson raise his eyebrows a bit and then shake his head defensively. "Got a little crush going on there?" he suggests mockingly.

"No." Danny says evasively, which makes Jackson hum in agreement. "Shut up! It doesn't matter anyway." Danny then exclaims. "Why's that?" Jackson asks, laughing at his best friend. "Because, if you haven't noticed, he's completely obsessed with Allison, so..." Danny says, making Jackson roll his eyes.

"Whatever. Anyway, this is gonna take a couple hours." Danny says, looking back at his laptop. "So, you can't tell me who did the editing?" Jackson says, changing the subject back to the video. "Is there anyone else you know who can get into your house?" Danny asks, making Jackson think and raise his eyebrows. "...Yeah... Actually, I do..." Jackson says, looking at Lydia, Stiles and Y/n walking into the library.

...

"Do you mind me asking where you got this? A book?" Marin asks, looking at the printed paper that Allison had just given her. "Um, a family heirloom." Allison explains evasively. "Interesting family. I'm pretty familiar with most Romance languages, but this is a little out of my reach..." Marin says, making Allison nod in agreement and roll her eyes at the statement.

"Can you give it a shot?" Allison asks again. "All right. Um, "Kanima." Do I have that right?" Marin asks, looking back at Allison, who nods at her. "Yeah." She says awkwardly. ""Like the wolf, its power is greatest at the moon's peak." Huh. Sounds like a Werewolf. Oh, there's some words here I don't recognize..." Marin says, looking over the page, which makes Allison get impatient.

"Just try. Please." Allison asks again, making Marin look at her. "Could I hold onto it for a bit?" Marin asks. "Now is better, please." Allison says again. Marin looks back at the page in front of her and furrows her brows. "All right...Um, okay, "Like the wolf, the Kanima is a social creature. But, where the wolf seeks a pack, the Kanima seeks a friend." She reads out loud.