Chapter 37*

(Your POV)

"What the hell is this???" Scott asks in disbelief. "You know, I thought the same thing when I saw you talking to Gerard at the Sheriff's station..." Derek says patronizingly. "What?" I ask, looking at Scott in disbelief. "You didn't know that?" Derek asks me, making me shake my head no.

"Okay, hold on! He-he threatened to kill my mom! And I had to get close to him. What was I supposed to do?" Scott says defensively, looking over to me. "I'm gonna go with Scott on this one. Have you seen his mom? She's gorgeous!" Peter says making me roll my eyes at him. "Shut up!" the three of us say.

"...Who is he?" Isaac quietly asks me. "That's Peter, Derek's uncle. A little while back, he tried to kill us all, and then we set him on fire, and Derek slashed his throat. Then my sister brought him back to life." I say, making him look at me in disbelief. "Hi" Peter says smiling.

"...That's good to know." Isaac says. "Wait... you knew he was alive?" Scott asks me. "Yeah... I honestly thought you knew as well... didn't know it was a secret or anything..." I say, shrugging my shoulders. "Plus, he had gotten away... so I secretly hoped that he had been caught by the Argents." I say, seeing Peter look at me. "Ouch, that hurts." He fakely says.

"Look, he knows how to stop Jackson... and maybe how to save him." Derek says. "Well, that's very helpful... except Jackson's dead." Scott says sarcastically. "What?" Derek asks confused. "Yeah, Jackson's dead. It just happened on the field." I say sadly.

"Okay, why is no one taking this as good news?" Isaac asks. "Because if Jackson is dead, it didn't just happen-- Gerard wanted it to happen." Peter explains. "But why?" Derek asks. "Well, that's exactly what we need to figure out. And something tells me the window of opportunity is closing. Quickly." Peter says again.

(Stiles POV)

I walk back into my house, hearing my father on the phone with someone. "Yeah, I'm not finding any clues here. Listen, if he-if he shows up at the hospital-- Okay, thanks." He says, ending the call. "Oh, come on, Stiles... Where the hell are you?" he then mutters, making me sigh.

"Right here." I say weakly, seeing him turn around and look at me. He turns my face to look at the bruises on my cheek and eye. "It's okay, Dad. It's okay." I say when I see him getting angry. "Who did it?" he asks.

"It's okay-- it was just a couple kids from the other team. You know, they were really pissed about losing, and I was-I was mouthing off, you know? The next thing I know—" I lie, not wanting to put him in any danger.

"Who was it?" he interrupts me, anger evident on his face. "Dad, I don't know. I didn't even see them, really." I lie. "I want descriptions." My dad says again. "Look, Dad, come on. It's not even that bad!" I say shrugging.

"I-I'm calling that school. I'm calling then, and I'll personally go down there, and I'm gonna pistol-whip these little bastards!" my dad says, I make him stop and look at me. "Dad! I just... I said I was okay." I say, sighing when I saw him calm down.

(Third POV)

"I told you, I looked everywhere." Derek says, eyeing Peter suspiciously. Peter then lifts a floorboard, picking an item up from under it. "You didn't look here." Peter says smirking.

"What is that a book?" Derek asks, now frowning and walking closer. "No, it's a laptop. What century are you living in?" Peter asks, making Y/n lightly chuckle. "A few days after I got out of the coma, I transferred everything that we had. Fortunately, the Argents aren't the only ones who keep records." Peter explains.