Chapter 11*

(Your POV)

I'm sitting next to Lydia, when I suddenly hear a weird noise. It sounds like a weird high-pitched roar of some sorts, it sounds like it is coming from the east part of the school, where the indoor pool is located.

I look back at Lydia and see that she hadn't heard it. "Lydia?... I have to go for a minute... I'll be back in like 5 minutes I swear... Ok? Don't go anywhere." I say, making her look at me in disbelief. "I know... I'm like the worst sister right now... But I promise that we can 'not talk' about this later tonight ok?" I ask, climbing out of the car.

"Whatever..." I hear her mumble, making me feel bad for leaving her like this. "I'm really sorry Lydia... I wouldn't' go If I didn't have to ok?" I say, making her nod at me sadly. "It's ok, just go." She says, making me sigh again and close the passenger side door.

I run towards the east of the school and stop at the entrance of the indoor pool. I listen in with my supernatural hearing and hear movement. I glance inside and can see Derek and Stiles in the pool, being watched by a weird creature. I wanted to run towards it, to help them out, but I refrained from doing so when I could see that Derek was being held up by Stiles.

'He's probably paralyzed...' I thought to myself, making me look around and try to come up with some ideas. I then slip into the pool office next to me and grab a pair of arm floaties and a pool noodle. I slip back out of the office and look at the scene in front of me. The creature looks at Stiles and Derek, but it doesn't come too close to them.

When the creature has its back towards me, I run to the pool next to where Stiles and Derek are floating. Their heads jump to me when I throw the floaties and pool noodle their way. "Y/n? what are you doing here? Get out of here..." Stiles yells, but I ignore him. "Use those to stay at the surface." I say, pointing to the tools I had just thrown their way.

Stiles nods and puts the floaties on Derek's arms, making him stay afloat on his own. He then grabs on to the pool noodle and sighs when his legs can rest for a second. The creature then turns to me and roars at me, making me cringe at the sound. "No offence... but that's just nasty..." I say, looking at the scales on this thing.

It leaps towards me, trying to claw at me, but I dodge it. I punch it in the face, making it squeal again. "I think you just made it angry now..." Derek says when the creature stares at me. "No need for the commentary Derek..." I say, scowling his way. It claws at me again, but I dodge it again.

"Watch out" Stiles then yells. The creature hits me with its tail, making me fall on the edge of the pool. "ouch..." I say, feeling a cut on my chin. "Now I know why you're not allowed to run next to pools..." I say sarcastically, getting back up. I look up and didn't see the creature anywhere. "behind you!" Stiles then yells.

I turn around just in time for the creature to dig its claws into my stomach. I grab at it, feeling the paralyzing serum get to work. The creature then swipes his tail against my feet, making me fall back first into the pool. When I hit the water, I can feel my limbs giving out. I try my best to move my arms and legs, to get to the surface, but nothing is moving.

I can see Stiles swimming down to me and grabbing a hold of my waist, pulling me up to the surface. When we reach the surface, I take in a big gulp of much needed air, seeing Stiles do the same next to me. "Well, that didn't go as planned..." I say, frowning at my now fully paralyzed body. Stiles throws my arm around his neck and holds on to me for dear life.

"It's ok, I got you" He says, trying to conceal the tired look he has on his face. I look over to see Derek still floating with the floaties attached to his shoulders. "Nice floaties." I say, smirking at him, which earns me a pointed look from him. "It's better than your situation... Stiles has been keeping me afloat for the last half hour... I don't think he's going to last as long as my floaties." Derek says, making me look at Stiles.