Chapter 18*

(Your POV)

Scott, Stiles and I are at the police station. "Could you buzz us in?" Stiles asks the deputy at the front desk. He shrugs and buzzes us in. We walk into the room and see the sheriff turning to face us.

"Scott, Y/n, Stiles... Perfect timing. Have you met Jackson's father, Mr. David Whittemore, Esquire?" the sheriff asks, making my eyes go wide. "That means "lawyer." Jackson says smugly to us. The sheriff tells us to go wait into his office for him, so we walk away.

Allison then calls Scott, telling him to put her on speaker phone. "If Jackson doesn't know what he's doing, then he probably doesn't know someone's controlling him." Allison says on the phone, making the three of us look at each other.

"Or he doesn't remember..." Scott says. "What if it's the same kind of thing that happened with Lydia when she took off from the hospital?" Stiles suggests. "A fugue state?" I ask, earning a nod from Scott and Stiles.

"He'd have to forget everything. The murder—" Scott says. "--Getting rid of the blood—" Allison adds. "Yeah, he had help with one thing, though-- the video. And someone else helped him forget that." Stiles then says. "Great..." I say, like only Jackson wasn't a big enough problem.

"Whoever's controlling him." Scott says. "Are you sure Jackson has no clue about any of this?" Allison asks, making me frown. "He thinks he's still becoming a Werewolf and that being with Lydia somehow delayed the whole thing..." Stiles says, rolling his eyes.

"So, do we try and convince him he's not?" Allison asks. "If it helps us find out who's controlling him, then yeah..." Scott says. "Do you think he'll talk to us after what we did?" Allison then asks. "Yeah, it's us! He'll talk to us, right?" Scott says, making me look at him confused. Does he not understand that Jackson has called for a lawyer.

Sheriff then walks into the room, making Scott end the call. "Follow me..." he says, rolling his eyes and guiding us into a room with Scott's mother and Jackson's father. Of course, my mother is nowhere to be found.

We sit down at the table, waiting for the sheriff to explain everything to us. "You will not go within fifty feet of Jackson Whittemore. You will not speak to him. You will not approach him. You will not assault him or harass him physically or psychologically." He says tensely.

"What about school?" Stiles asks his father. "You can attend classes while attempting to maintain a fifty-foot distance." He says, making me nod. "But-- okay, what if we both have to use the bathroom at the same time, and there's only two stalls available, and they're only right next to each other...?" Stiles asks, making me look at him weirdly. I hear everyone in the room sigh. "...I'll just hold it." Stiles then says awkwardly to his father, making a smile form on my face.

(Stiles POV)

My dad takes me away into another room, wanting to talk to me in private. "Do I need to remind you how lucky we are that they're not pressing charges?" My dad asks, getting angry. "Oh, come on, it was just a joke!" I say defensively.

"It was a joke?" My dad asks in disbelief. "Yes, I didn't think it would be taken this seriously, Dad. Humor's very subjective, okay? I mean, we're talking, like, multiple levels of interpretation here." I say.

"Uh-huh..." My dad says, making me nod. "Uh-huh." I say nervously. "Okay, well, how exactly am I supposed to interpret the stolen prison transport van, huh?" he then asks again, making me frown. "We filled the tank!" I state in disbelief.

(Third POV)

Scott is dragged away with his mother, while Stiles has been dragged away with his father. Y/n looks around, sighing and putting her head in her hands on the table.