Chapter 38*

(Third POV)

At the hospital, Scott and Isaac are carrying Jackson out in his body bag. They run across the parking lot, looking around to make sure nobody sees them. Scott then lets the body bag fall from his hands, onto the ground, making Isaac look at him in fear.

A car comes driving up to them, fear rising in both boys. Chris gets out of the car and walks up to them with a stern look.

...

Back at the Hale house, Peter and Derek are getting ready to meet Scott and Isaac. "Derek, we need Lydia." Peter says, stopping Derek from leaving. "I don't even know where she is..." Derek says shrugging at him. "I'm sure Y/n knows where she is... we need her too Derek, there's strength in numbers..." Peter explains again. "There's no time for—" Derek says, but gets interrupted immediately.

"That's the problem-- we're rushing. We're moving too fast. And, while everyone knows that a moving target is harder to hit, here we are, racing right into Gerard's crosshairs." Peter explains again. "If I get the chance to kill Jackson... I'm taking it." Derek says, walking out of the Hale house.

...

"You're alone." Scott says hesitantly to Chris, looking back at his empty car. "More than you know." Chris says sadly, making Scott frown. "What do you want?" Scott then asks, looking back at Isaac and the body bag on the floor.

"We don't have much in common, Scott... But, at the moment, we have a common enemy." Chris says sighing, making Scott nod in agreement. "That's why I'm trying to get him out of here—" Scott says, explaining the body bag on the ground. "I didn't mean Jackson." Chris says, making Scott frown again.

"Gerard has twisted his way into Allison's head, the same way he did with Kate... And I'm losing her. And I know you're losing her, too." Chris says, looking at Scott sadly. "You're right. Y/n told me she shot her at the station... she would have never done that on her own. So, can you trust me to fix this?" Scott asks, nodding at Chris.

"...Then, can you let us go?" Scott asks when he sees Chris reluctantly nod at him. "No." Chris says, making Scott sigh. "...My car is faster." Chris adds, making both boys raise their eyebrows at him.

(Stiles POV)

Lydia looks around my room again, stopping when she hears my phone beep. She then picks my phone up and goes through my messages. "You're gonna want to read this." She says, giving me the phone. The texts are telling us that Lydia can save Jackson and that I should get her to them.

Then the texts change into Scott asking me if y/n and I are too busy making out... which I find odd. I scroll back to the first message he had send me and it reads 'y/n is coming over to you, she told me she likes you and is going to tell you when she gets to you!!'

My eyes get wide and I jump in the air, screaming happily. Lydia looks at me in disbelief and rolls her eyes at me. "How much do you know about this stuff?" I then ask her, knowing she read the same messages as me about how Jackson was back alive.

"Pieces...? Y/n tried to fill most of it in, but half of it is like a dream" She says sighing. "Yeah? Well, guess what? The other half is like a freaking nightmare!" I say, making her jump a little. "I don't care. Y/n and I can help him." she then says. I don't want Y/n getting hurt over this, especially now that I know she has feelings for me and that I actually have a shot with her.

See, that's the problem-- you don't care about y/n getting hurt. But you know how I'll feel? I'll be devastated! And if she dies, I will literally go out of my freakin' mind! You see, death doesn't happen to a person-- it happens to everyone around you, okay? To all the people left standing at your funeral, trying to figure out how they're gonna live the rest of their lives now, without you in it? Huh? And look at my face, huh? Come on, you think this was meant to hurt me?" I ask, being interrupted by a knock on the door. Lydia looks at me in shock and I sigh.