Chapter 35*

(Third POV)

"You okay, dude?" Danny asks his best friend, who has been acting weirdly around him. "I'm perfect." Jackson says irritably. "Well, we all know that... But are you okay? You didn't answer my texts all week. I'm starting to get worried about you." Danny says chuckling, but Jackson just ignores him. "Jackson?" Danny asks, making him sigh and look at him.

"Stay in the goal tonight, Danny. Do not come out. And, if you see me coming towards you? Run the other way as fast as you can." Jackson says, making his best friend frown and nod at him. Coach then enters the locker room dramatically.

"Good morning! In less than an hour, aircraft from here will be joining others from around the world... and you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind." He says, making Stiles scoff. Melissa walks over to Stiles and looks confused as well. "What?" she asks quietly.

"Mankind-- that word should have new meaning for all of us today." Coach says again, making Melissa even more confused. "What the hell is he talking about?" Melissa asks Stiles, making him sigh. "He does this every year." Stiles explains. "Seriously?" Melissa asks in disbelief, making Stiles nod. "Yeah..." Stiles answers.

"We are fighting for our right to live!" coach then says, making Melissa frown. "Wait, is this...?" she asks, making Stiles nod at her. "Yeah. It's the speech from Independence Day." Stiles explains again. "But as the day the world declared in one voice—" coach says. "It's Coach's favorite movie." Stiles says to Melissa, making her nod. "We will not go quietly into the night!" coach says again.

"He doesn't know any sports speeches?" Melissa asks, making Stiles shrug at her. "I don't think he cares." He states matter-of-factly. "'Today, we celebrate our Independence Day!" coach yells, making the team cheer.

"Well spoken, Coach. I might have chosen something with a little more historical value, but there's no denying your passion. And, while I haven't been here long, there's no denying my pride in having a winning team for this school. I know you'll all be brilliant tonight, even with only one co-captain leading you. Now, I'm your principal, but I'm also a fan... So, don't think I'll be content to watch you merely beat this team. Get out there and murder them." Gerard says, making Stiles and Scott frown.

"You heard the man! Asses on the field!" coach yells, making the team cheer again and run outside. "Coach, are you benching me?" Scott asks shocked. "It's not my decision." Coach says. "But I have to play—" Scott says, but is interrupted by coach. "McCall, you're failing three classes. Academics come first." He says.

"Coach, you don't get it-- you have to let me play." Scott pleads. "McCall, no. Not tonight. Tonight, you're on the bench." He says, walking away from Scott.

...

"You don't actu-actually think that I want to be the Alpha again, do you? That wasn't my finest performance, considering it ended in my death. I mean, I'm usually more—" Peter begins, seeing Derek look at him with anger.

"Okay, go ahead! Come on, do it! Hit me. Hit me. I can see that it's cathartic for you! You're letting go of all the anger, self-loathing, and hatred that comes with total and complete failure. I may be the one taking the beating, Derek, but you've already been beaten. So, go ahead. Hit me if that will make you feel better. After all, I did say that I wanted to help." Peter says, making Derek sigh. "You can't help me." Derek says defeatedly.

...

"Your dad coming?" Scott asks Stiles, making him nod. "Yeah, he's already here." Stiles says. "You seen Allison?" Scott then asks, making Stiles shake his head. "No. You seen Y/n?" Stiles asks, making Scott look around. "She's right there" Scott says, pointing to Y/n and Lydia walking on the bleachers and taking a seat next to Melissa and Noah.