Chapter 30*

(Your POV)

The car ride has mostly been silent, nobody really knowing what to say. I keep thinking back to the hallucinations I had experienced. Why did i see myself as a killer, it doesn't make sense to me. Then the words that little me had said, come rushing to the surface 'How can you run from what's inside you?'. I sigh heavily, seeing both boys occasionally glance at me. "What?" I ask, being fed up with all the staring.

"You looked terrified back there... what were you seeing?" Scott asks cautiously. I look out of the window, not wanting to share it with them. I knew that they would worry about it, and we have other things to worry about right now. "I- I saw-... I saw Lydia being killed in front of me." I lie, seeing Stiles look at me sympathetically. I then look through the rearview mirror and see that Scott is frowning at me.

He probably heard my heart skip, implicating that I had lied. I quickly avert his gaze, focusing on the homes we are passing. Scott doesn't say anything, making me mentally sigh in relief. Stiles then pulls up in front of his house, jumping out of the jeep. I move to get out as well, when suddenly Scott stops me.

"I know you lied, y/n..." He says, making me slowly nod. "I just don't want to talk about it yet." I say, glancing at Stiles who hasn't noticed that we were talking. Scott slowly nods and lets go of my arm, letting me get out of the jeep. Stiles opens the front door with his key, and we all rush into the living room where Noah is sitting.

I listened to Stiles telling his father that Mark was the one killing people, which made Noah's face scrunch in confusion. "So, this kid's the real killer?" Noah asks, looking at his son and then at Scott and I with confusion.

"Yeah." Stiles says, making his dad sigh. "No." Noah says. "Yes!" Stiles says again. "No." Noah continues, making me roll my eyes at the two. "Dad come on! Everybody knows that the police look for ways to connect victims in a murder, okay? So, all he had to do is, like, look through their transcripts and figure out which class they all had in common." Stiles says.

"Yeah, except for the fact that the rave promoter, Kara, wasn't in Harris' class." Noah explains. "All right. Okay, you're right. Sorry. Then, I guess they dropped the charges against him?" Stiles sarcastically asks. "No, you know what? They're not dropping the charges. But that doesn't prove anything." Noah says irritably.

"H—" Stiles begins, but gets interrupted by his father. "Scott and Y/n, do you two believe this?" Noah asks, making Stiles scoff offendedly. "Yes" I say, seeing Stiles smirk at his father in victory. "It's really hard to explain how we know this, but you just gotta trust us. We know it's Mark." Scott says sheepishly.

"Yeah, he took Harris' car, okay? Look, he knew that if a cop found tire tracks at one of the murders, and that if enough of the victims were in Harris' class, that they'd arrest him." Stiles explains.

"All right, fine. I'll allow the remote possibility. But give me a motive. I mean, why would this kid want most of the 2006 swim team and its coach dead?" Noah asks, making me frown and shrug. "Isn't it obvious? Our swim team sucks! They haven't won in, like, six years!" Stiles exclaims, making us all look at him with a frown.

"Okay, we don't have a motive yet. I mean, come on, does Harris?" Stiles asks sighing. "What do you want me to do?" Noah asks, clearly thinking about it. "We need to look at the evidence." I say, making him raise an eyebrow at me.

"Yeah, that would be in the station, where I no longer work." Noah says. "Trust me, they'll let you in." Stiles says, making his father frown at him. "Trust you?" Noah asks in disbelief, making me chuckle. "Trust... Trust Scott or Y/n...?" Stiles then tries. Noah then looks at Scott and I, sighing. "Scott and Y/n, I trust." He says nodding.