Part 24

Itachi never thought he'd find himself back in Konoha, under guard and chain. They kept him in a dark cell, cramped and cold. A thick bandage lay over his eyes to prevent him from using his Sharingan. Chakra chains clung painfully to his wrists, disrupting the blood flow and creating bruises that would last for a while if he didn't remove the chains immediately.

He wouldn't, however. In the older Uchiha's mind, he deserved anything that came for him. Konoha could destroy his very essence and Itachi would take it with open arms at finally receiving some kind of punishment for his deeds.

Konoha had been through much since his departure years ago. The village had been broken down and rebuilt time and time again but in that time, it has become a meaner place. Cruel in the hearts of the villagers but weaker in the ruthlessness of its shinobi. It seemed as though the villagers and shinobi had switched personas.

In his day, the shinobi were cruel and ruthless. They were at war and couldn't afford to be weak but the villagers were their light. Their reason to keep fighting and to be at peace when they came home.

Itachi saw no light now. figuratively and literally. Many had lost the will of fire but Itachi could see it, feel it, running through his brother's veins. Sasuke could be cruel and harsh but he understood who the king was.

It was only a matter of time before the youngest Uchiha accepted the will of fire in his heart, only then could Sasuke reach his full potential along with his teammates that seemed to hold the same fire.

"Let me go! I demand to see the Hokage! Do you hear me?! I said let me go!"

Itachi's thoughts were suddenly interrupted as he heard rushed footsteps and struggling along with a screeching voice.

There was another shuffling sound before a cage door closing was heard.

"Idiots" He heard the woman huff.

Itachi was rather enjoying his time to reflect but it seemed he wouldn't have that time again for some time.

"Hey, you!" He heard the woman again but assumed she was trying to get a guard's attention.

"Hmm? What, are you mute and blind?" The woman remarked.

At this point, Itachi knew she was speaking with him.

"You must be strong to speak down on other prisoners when you yourself are in here" Itachi calmly stated.

"Hm! What was that?! I'll beat you to a pulp!" She screeched at him, hurting his sensitive ears that had adjusted.

"What is your name?" Itachi ignored her question and threat with another question.

"You insult me and ask me my name? Hm!...it's Karin"

Itachi tilted his head, he hadn't heard the name before and it made him wonder all the more who she was. He had insightful knowledge on most high-tier criminals but she wasn't on that list which made him wonder why she was thrown in a high-security cell.

"Well? It's rude to ask someone's name without introducing yourself, ya know" She aggressively sighed.

Itachi could tell she was glaring at him through the bars.

He smirked "Itachi...Uchiha"

____

Naruto and Sakura weren't fairing the best they thought they could have been.

Orochimaru had played sneakily, using the arsenal of jutsu he had accumulated. Alongside, he had enlisted the backup support of Kabuto who had slammed into Sakura from behind out of nowhere.