Part 36

Author's Note:

Just letting you guys know I still read all your comments and take on your suggestions if it works with the story. 

Ps. Some of you need help though... 

___

Tsunade often found herself drinking to keep her demons away. Even before becoming Hokage, she had dealt with her PTSD as quietly as she could but there were times she lost control and relived the nightmares she'd experienced. 

She wondered if team Kakashi would eventually give her some form of PTSD as they stood before her, calm as ever except for the screaming coming from the bag slung over Sasuke's shoulder. Let's not even mention the headless body struggling against its restraints on the Jounin's other shoulder.

Tsunade couldn't help but stare at him as if he'd grown three heads. They were shinobi, sure. They'd seen some weird things but this was just weird. Even for ninja. 

"Lady Hokage?" Kakashi called gently, not wanting to upset her and go on the run again. 

"Uh..." Tsunade slowly looked away from the stoic Uchiha before her eyes landed on the leader of the group "Yes. Kakashi. Thank you for coming" Tsunade sighed as she walked behind her desk and sat down, crossing her fingers and leaning forward in concentration as she always did.

"I'll get straight to the point." Tsunade narrowed her eyes at the team, making Sakura nervous "Your actions have, for the time being, been pardoned under the justification that you somehow got yourself appointed as the leader of the United Nations" The Hokage glared at Kakashi who simply stared at her in return, almost daring her to try something.

Tsunade sighed as she closed her eyes in, what seemed to be, painful concentration "You've caused quite the commotion in the village. I will warn you some civilians were...upset when you were pardoned." 

Naruto raised a brow at the woman, it wasn't anything he wasn't used to already from the villagers.

"In any case, you will be monitored by the Anbu until the time comes to go to war. Until then, roam freely." Tsunade stated as she eyed each of them carefully before her eyes landed on Itachi "Itachi" She announced his name.

The older Uchiha internally tensed at what was to come. Would he be imprisoned again? he did escape last time thanks to Kakashi. Would he be kicked out of the village? killed even?

"It seems a file was kept from me that explained, in detail, your involvement in the Uchiha Massacre. The Village Hidden in the Leaves recognizes your sacrifices and loyalty to Konoha. Upon further discussion with the council and Konoha's shinobi force, we have declared you free and hope you will continue your path as a Shinobi of the Leaf" Tsunade smiled.

Itachi couldn't but let his mouth drop open a little as he slowly nodded. He had been vindicated. He glanced to his little brother only to see him staring back at him with wide eyes, surprise shining clear in his eyes.

Sakura and Naruto grinned and congratulated Itachi as Kakashi smiled at the man. Finally some good news!

"I would have told you sooner but someone broke you out of my very expensive prison" Tsunade glared at Kakashi who tilted his head.

"I don't think I broke anything" He muttered.

"That's not the point" Tsunade muttered with frustration before clearing her throat "Before I dismiss you, mind telling me what's in the bag? or who?" The Hokage questioned, curiosity burning in her eyes as she eyed the bag.

Sasuke glanced at his sensei who nodded before he ungracefully dropped Hidan's body on the floor. He untied the cloth bag and pulled out a struggling silver-haired head. Luckily, the cloth Sasuke had shoved in Hidan's mouth was still intact so they didn't have to hear his...creative words.