Part 19

"CHYA!" A battle cry sounded, interrupting the serenity of the surrounding forest.

"Ha, missed me again" The boy from Orochimaru's hideout laughed at the pinkette. He could turn to water it seemed which frustrated the young woman as she couldn't land a hit on him.

He had annoyed her to the point of violence but then it didn't take much for Sakura to pass the point of reason.

"Enough" Kakashi sighed tiredly.

They'd been traveling for days, heading toward the land of water so that the newcomer could find Zabuza's sword: Kubikiribōchō.

It was only then that the young teenager would assist the duo in finding the weak points of Orochimaru. Apparently, he knew more than he let on.

Kakashi still wondered why they were bothering at all but the snake must have a bigger part against Konoha which Naruto and Sasuke discovered.

To be entirely honest, the older Jounin was bored. There wasn't enough time to pack many things and Sakura only packed him one Icha Icha book. Her favorite. Not his.

She, of course, had brought a different Icha Icha book so the two could share but alas, she brought the first novel of its time.

He appreciated the thought but his mind was set on reading the latest book from Jiraiya's writings. He had read the previous books so many times and the latest book had just been released.

As Kakashi glanced at the Pinkette, he couldn't help but glower at her.

'Why couldn't you have packed the latest one? Why am I stuck in the woods, chasing a tail and not reading the latest book right now?' He internally cried.

"Suigetsu!" Sakura snapped as he pulled at her hair. It felt as though she were babysitting a tantrum-throwing, mischievous, little brat. 

"You know, I wonder how Sasuke and Naruto are fairing with their training" Kakashi commented with a longing look in his eyes. He disliked the loud atmosphere Suigetsu and his student were giving.

Sakura pushed the purple-eyed teenager away from her hair before turning to her sensei but Suigetsu spoke before her "You know Sasuke? Sasuke Uchiha?" Suigetsu questioned with surprise. 

Sakura and Kakashi glanced back at him with raised brows "He's my student" Kakashi offered an explanation to the boy.

"How do you know him?" Sakura questioned with suspicion in her eyes.

Suigetsu smirked "He was Orochimaru's lapdog last I heard. Used to cut down the experiments once they reached the end of their usefulness. The guy's scary" Suigetsu chuckled, trying to brush off the fear he felt when Sasuke came around. 

The teenager only had a handful of conversations with the Uchiha but those talks were enough to instill good behavior in Suigetsu for a week.

Sakura raised her brows at hearing this, she knew Sasuke had gone to Orochimaru. She knew he would have had to do things that were against his morals but the way Suigetsu made it sound, Sasuke did so without hesitation.

Kakashi remained silent as he knew the Uchiha would have had to do these types of things while working alongside Orochimaru. He only hoped he could find something to use against the snake that would bring him down alongside Danzo.

"How much longer until we reach this grave where Zabuza's buried?" Suigetsu complained as he crossed his arms over his head.

Kakashi sighed as Sakura answered "We'll be there within the day."