Part 7

"Naruto!" The sound of Sakura's panicked voice yelled across the battlefield. 

The blonde Jounin had been smacked across the chest with an electrified whip from Kakuzu's lightning mask. He convulsed with lightning burning through his insides but otherwise stayed upright for the most part. 

Sasuke grunted as he tried his best to avoid the silver-haired rogue's scythe. He knew what it could do and he knew he was done for if it got a hint of his blood.

"Pay attention" Came a voice to Sakura's right. She was distracted by worrying for her teammate that she didn't notice the red-headed male come up next to her, he'd ditched the big puppet he was hiding in a while ago. 

Eyes wide, she turned her head to defend against his attack but was too late as he slammed a puppet into her side. The pinkette flew across the battlefield and into Sasuke just as he'd jumped away from Hidan's attack. 

The two grunted as they fell to the sandy ground before their blonde teammate. Suddenly finding themselves reunited but cornered, Naruto's teammates stood and took up defenses by his side.

Sakura panted and started feeling weaker and weaker. Upon looking down in confusion, she silently cursed as a small but long cut revealed itself on her stomach. A cut filled with poison from Sasori's puppets.

"Ra..." Naruto muttered as he glanced back at her with fear clearly in his eyes at the thought of losing her.

Sasuke didn't say anything but quickly glanced at the pinkette as she grunted. His eyes fell back to the enemy nin surrounding them with smug expressions. Well, some of them.

"Looks like you're at the end of the line." Kakuzu stated as his masks surrounded the rear side of the team. 

Naruto clicked his tongue, they weren't done yet.

Naruto's eyes turned red with the Kyuubi's power. Sasuke's turned to his Mangekyou Sharingan, a fraction of the Susanoo appeared around them and Sakura's diamond on her forehead began to expand into black lines over her face. 

The three glared heavily at the rogues with newfound power and determination. 

"You're right. Your line ends here" Naruto growled as a red cloak began to cover his body.

"Nine Tails..." Kakuzu muttered with narrowed eyes.

The tow groups lunged into a full scale battle. It became difficult to comprehend who was who with all the sand flying around but at the end of the battle, after hours and hours of fighting. The trio stood on shaky legs as they breathed heavily. Naruto sighed in relief as Sakura took down the last of them, Sasori of the red sand, with her strongest punch to the heart.

The trio stood before their bodies, unbelieving that they'd won.

Naruto clicked his tongue as he felt the one they were after, Deidara's, chakra get further and further away. They didn't have time to celebrate and instead, the blonde signaled his teammates to follow.

Without question, Sasuke and Sakura were quick to run alongside the blonde as he took off.

None noticed a figure slowly revealing itself while watching the trio leave.

___

"DEIDARA!" Naruto bellowed as he sped up to catch the blonde.

His teammates close behind and without needing to be ordered, they separated from his side to corner the enemy. 

Deidara laughed as he flew his bird higher and higher. The enemy nin smirked down at Naruto before turning around to see how far he still had to go when a bolt of lightning shot through the sky, catching the nin off guard.