Part 41

Naruto sighed as Motoi, the supervisor of the island, rattled on about his relationship with Killer Bee. The blonde understood bonds well enough considering his own team was his family but they weren't forever in debt to each other. None of them thought of themselves as living only for the other. They all had their own goals and dreams to achieve. 

Motoi, on the other hand, seemed to do everything in terms of pleasing Bee. It quickly grew bothersome as Naruto quietly snuck out of the main room as the others continued listening to his stories. He stepped out of the main building and breathed in the fresh air of nature around him.

The blonde sighed again before frowning. He thought of the war and what his teammates were going through at the moment. He hoped they'd handle their positions well and survive with minimal injuries but that was a fool's wish. He knew anything could happen in a war. He had to prepare himself for that possibility. 

"Yo! Bakayaro! konoyaro!" A familiar voice suddenly interrupted his thoughts as Naruto looked up to see Bee sitting on a large branch above him.

"Yo..." Naruto gave a small smile. 

Bee eyed him for a moment before jumping down and holding out his fist "First comes the greeting!" He said and Naruto wondered why he would be greeting someone as if it were the first time when the two traveled here together and had many conversations already.

"Eh..." Naruto muttered with a confused expression.

"We start with first bumps, while we keep rapping" He continued with a firm expression.

Naruto sighed, he supposed he'd play along though as it seemed every Jinchuriki he'd met so far had some weird and unique manner about them. That, of course, applied to himself as well.

Naruto mustered up his positive energy and bumped fists with Bee "Yo! I'm Naruto, ya know!" He grinned.

A moment of silence passed before Naruto began to wonder if he did the greeting wrong. Was he not supposed to introduce himself in Bee's form of a greeting? 

Before the blonde could delve deeper into his insecurities, Bee pushed against his fist "Man, it's 'ya know, ya know' all the time" He complained before moving away from the blonde and playfully glaring at him "Shuddup, ya know!" He grinned.

Naruto grew an irk mark on his forehead at being mocked but smirked as he knew Bee was only joking around. 

"Bee-san, will you train me?" Naruto suddenly questioned with a serious expression.

Bee turned to him again with curious eyes.

"I have a good relationship with Kurama but very little control of the power he lends me." Naruto muttered with a frown. He wanted to work alongside Kurama but the fox had so much hatred in him that it was almost impossible not to lose himself to it as well.

Bee hummed to himself signaling the blonde to follow him. Naruto did as told as the two walked silently through the forest until they came to a large waterfall with a small island in the middle of its pond. 

"This is the Waterfall of Truth. Sit in the middle and focus, yo!" Bee instructed. 

Naruto eyed the body of water with suspicion before doing as told and closing his eyes. 

"Why are you still following their orders?"

Naruto snapped his eyes open as he heard the voice. A shadow stood on the other side of the waterfall which the blonde assumed is where the voice came from.

"What...?" Naruto narrowed his eyes as he waited for the figure to reveal itself.

"You're much stronger than them. You could take the village with minimal effort" The voice spoke again.