Part 17

"Lay him down over there" Karin quickly ordered Sasuke as he carried the blonde with his uninjured arm over his shoulder. Karin simply watched as Sasuke gently placed the blonde down with concern in his eyes that the red-haired Uzumaki had never seen on him before.

"Can you help him?" Sasuke questioned as his eyes shifted to hers causing a sudden blush to form on the woman's cheeks.

"I'll try...for you, Sasuke-kun" Karin confessed with a deeper blush. She didn't know who the blonde was but she knew he was important to Sasuke but also an enemy to Orochimaru as she noted the Leaf Village headband on his forehead.

Sasuke simply moved aside as he looked around the room they had entered. It was dark, not in the sense of lighting but decor. It felt similar to a jail cell but with more furniture. There was one window that Sasuke could look out of that would easily spot anyone approaching but he knew Karin could sense them far before she could see them.

"Bite" He heard Karin order and as he turned to see Karin shoving her wrist against Naruto's mouth, he could tell the blonde was ready to lose his patience as he'd already kept an open mind through the day but biting an unknown woman was absurd to the man.

"Karin has a special ability that can heal you" Sasuke offered some kind of explanation.

Naruto glanced at the Uchiha before shifting back to the red-head and hesitantly leaning into her wrist. Karin barely blinked as the blonde bit into her wrist.

As she felt her chakra replenishing him and healing his arm, she knew there was a conversation to be held between her and the blonde. She was surprised in the forest as she could feel the large life force the man held and she hoped it was because of the reason she thought.

With a relieved sigh, Naruto detached from her wrist and sat up. He flexed his arm and fingers and only felt the slightest of pain due to tired muscles. Looking up with a grateful expression, Naruto grinned at Karin "Arigato, Karin-san"

Karin flinched back in surprise, it wasn't a common occurrence for someone to thank her for her ability but she smiled back nonetheless.

"She's an Uzumaki" Sasuke revealed before they could talk any further. It was better to get this family reunion over with now than later.

Naruto stared at Karin in shock whereas Karin's own suspicions were confirmed.

Sasuke watched the two simply staring at each other before rolling his eyes and moving away from the window. "Time to go, To" Sasuke stated before making his way to the door.

Karin seemed to snap out of her trance as she frantically stared at Sasuke "Wait!-I...Why don't you stay the night?- What I mean is...It's almost dark and you two look like you need a bed" Karin chuckled nervously.

To Sasuke, it seemed suspicious. Was she planning something? Had she somehow contacted Orochimaru?

To Naruto, the blonde could see the effect the Uchiha had on his distant relative and smirked "We'll stay until morning" He agreed, gaining a glare from his teammate.

"Great!- I mean... I'll set up your rooms" Karin smiled with a harsh blush on her cheeks before quickly exiting the room.

She shuffled past Sasuke with a quick shy glance in his direction only to find him already looking down at her with a bored expression.

As soon as she left the room, Sasuke turned to Naruto with a confused expression "What are you doing? We can easily make it back to the village now" He said as he stepped closer to the blonde.

Naruto leaned back on the couch he was seated on and frowned "She helped me and she's my relative-"

"-Distant" Sasuke cut in with a mutter.