Part 27

Danzo and his two guards walked over the Samurai bridge carefully. Danzo knew now would be the perfect time for someone to ambush him but he wasn't powerless either. He walked with confidence as the other two narrowed their eyes at anything that moved or even looked suspicious.

Suddenly, before any could react, a kunai lodged itself in front of them causing the guards to shuffle before him defensively.

Danzo almost rolled his eyes at the two before turning around and staring dead-on at Madara Uchiha, who stood on one of the bridge pillars.

Danzo's guards quickly caught on before rushing to his front again.

"It's been a long time, Danzo" Madara greeted with no emotion "We haven't met since the Uchiha incident" 

The kunai behind them exploded but no one moved an inch. As the smoke cleared, Danzo undid his binding on his arm, revealing a large metal device.

"Foo, Torune, assist me" Danzo ordered "I'm going to break the seal on my right arm" He stated as he stared at his arm for a moment, preparing himself for the battle ahead.

"Keep him occupied" Danzo ordered before undoing a pin of the arm, one of many.

"So you're going for it, Danzo?" Madara questioned, almost amused. He could see Danzo warning his guards but it was no use. Madara could easily take them on with no effort.

They began attacking him before simply dodging their every move. It wasn't long after that he sucked the two subordinates into his teleportation before disappearing himself and appearing before Sasuke in his dimension.

"Let me out of here" Sasuke demanded.

"Don't be so hasty" Madara stated casually "He's waiting outside for you" 

With that, Madara teleported the two back to the Samurai bridge.

Sasuke stared at Danzo for a moment before activating his Sharingan.

"Sasuke Uchiha" Danzo muttered with a glare "I knew you would betray the village eventually"

Sasuke didn't answer. The Uchiha would never betray the village, not as long as his team was a part of it but he didn't need to justify himself to this man.

"Sasuke...Madara...I'll take both of your Sharingan!" Danzo announced as the bandage and metal dropped from his arm to reveal multiple Sharingan.

___

"Eh...Pervy-Sage. There's something I was hoping to get your help on" Naruto muttered as he walked with the white-haired Sannin. They had just checked up on Tsunade but there was no change. As Jiraiya had rested some more and gained his strength back a little, the two decided to walk through the village together and catch up on what all was missed.

"Hm? Strange of you to be asking for help but I'll hear you out" Jiraiya smirked.

Naruto clicked his tongue and rolled his eyes before glancing at the Sannin with a serious expression "Itachi Uchiha has been locked up since Pein's attack but...He helped the village. Even gave his life for Sasuke. There's more to his story than what I can reveal right now but I need you to trust me when I say that he's innocent. He needs to be released" The blonde explained.

Jiraiya stared at his student with an incredulous expression. He had never thought Naruto, of all people, one of the most loyal shinobi to Konoha, would vouch for a traitor such as Itachi.

"I don't see how I can help, kid. Itachi massacred his clan, he's killed over the years he's been with the Akatsuki. Those crimes need to be addressed and paid for" Jiraiya responded with a sigh.