Part 9

"So, what happened to you? You just disappeared off the face of the world" Asuma chuckled as he lit a smoke with Kurenai on his side, silently grimacing at the man's bad habit.

Kakashi watched the two for a moment before smiling "I got lost on the path of life".

Their faces shifted to express their dumbfounded emotions.

Before anything else could be said, Gai busted into their peaceful bubble with a large grin adorning his features "My rival-"

"No"

"-I challenge...you...what?" Gai's own dumbfounded expression took over.

Kakashi stared at the three who shared similar expressions before shaking his in amusement and walking away.

Team 8 and 10 had come to find team 7 and dragged them all to catch up. Of course, Naruto suggested Ramen.

He was quickly outvoted and the group now littered the infamous barbeque restaurant of Konoha, Yakiniku Q.

Kakashi made his way to the bar and ordered a cup of sake as he glanced to his charges.

Naruto and Sasuke seemed hesitant in socializing with them but Sakura seemed to fit in quite well. The others didn't bother calling the boys out on their behaviour as they all knew how hard it is for team 7 to get along with people.

Though, that didn't stop the group from dragging the young Jounin's into any and every conversational topic they could. It was working well enough for them to be satisfied and for team 7 to take a step out of their comfort zone.

"They've really grown" The voice of his self proclaimed rival stated from behind the copycat nin.

Kakashi simply hummed in agreement as he kept his eyes on them.

Eyes.

That was something they'd all been wondering. Just what happened to Kakashi's Sharingan?

He'd come back as casual as ever without the familiar headband covering his left eye. Did he still have the Sharingan? Did he learn how to disable it?

Gai could hardly contain himself as he struggled to form the question.

"Kakashi-"

A loud sudden bang caught everyone's attention as the door slammed open. The restaurant became quiet as shinobi raised from their seats alarmed.

Kakashi eyed the intruder that came crashing in with a look of confusion on his features. He knew this man and had not seen him in years. For him to show up now was strange. Glancing at his students, they had looks of realization.

"NA-RU-TOOO!" The intruder suddenly bellowed, shaking the restaurant and its occupants.

Naruto stood quickly with his team as they sheepishly smiled at the man.

"Captain Yamato" Sakura chuckled nervously "W-Where have you been?" She tried recovering from their situation but alas, Yamato simply set his glare onto her.

'He's Captain Yamato, huh? Oh Tenzo...' Kakashi thought to himself in amusement.

"Where have I been?" Yamato questions as he walks further into the restaurant, not yet noticing Kakashi "I've been worried sick scouting the earth to find you brats! You left me...with Sai no less! It was only after the guards finally allowed me to get through to the Kazekage tower that the Kazekage himself told me about you leaving!"

Kakashi leaned against the bar, enjoying the show, as his students took a scolding. It wasn't everyday someone did his job for him. He was going to enjoy it.