Part 39

Intel Division

"-and then, Orochimaru forced me into hard labor. I'm a victim too!" Karin cried as she sat before Ibiki and his colleagues. Some of which stared at the woman with pity.

Ibiki glared at his colleague to the side of him who had tears rolling down his cheeks "I see. It must have been hard on you" He said.

Ibiki sighed "Jeez..."

Karin glanced up at Ibiki, seeing her tactic wasn't working on the man.

"We're not asking about your personal history. We are asking for intel on the Akatsuki, Sasuke, Naruto, and Kabuto" He stated before glancing at his colleague "And don't get emotionally involved" he glared at the man who tensed up "What good will it do if you get swayed?"

"F-Forgive me" He stuttered.

Karin straightened up with a bored expression "Why do you want intel on Sasuke and Naruto? aren't they shinobi of the leaf?" She muttered in question.

"You traveled with them for a bit, did you not?" Ibiki questioned with a frown.

"So what?" She raised a brow.

"So nothing. Your only purpose right now is to answer my questions" Ibiki glared.

Karin shifted in her seat "What exactly do you want to know about Sasuke and Naruto?" She questioned again.

"Yes, what information are you wanting to know, Ibiki?" Another voice suddenly joined the group as everyone shifted to see Tsunade stepping into the room with a glare on her features.

"Hokage-Sama" Ibiki greeted calmly and unflinching at being caught.

"Well?"

"Forgive me, Lady Hokage, but it is my job to make sure no harm comes to this village. The actions of Team 7 haven't put anyone at ease" Ibiki grumbled.

Tsunade was silent for a moment before sighing "I understand, Ibiki, but they are still Konoha Shinobi and will be treated as such until otherwise" Tsunade stated with authority.

"Yes, Lady Hokage" Ibiki, defeated, glared at the table before him.

Tsunade then turned to Karin, who had been watching with curious eyes "Is she cleared?"

Ibiki glanced up at the red-headed woman "Hai. She doesn't know anything we don't already. Looks like she's been kept in the dark about Orochimaru's plans" He smirked causing an irk mark to appear on Karin's forehead.

"Very well. Come with me, Karin" Tsunade stepped aside and gestured for her to follow her.

Karin's eyebrows shot up in surprise.

"What? Lady Hokage, you can't possibly mean you're setting her free?" Ibiki questioned, as surprised as Karin felt.

Tsunade nodded her head "If she's been cleared and doesn't know anything of value, we can use her abilities in the war. She's also an Uzumaki which, as you know, there aren't many left. Naruto and Sasuke vouched for her" She explained.

Karin's eyebrows shot up at hearing the boys vouched for her. Her cheeks grew red at the thought of Sasuke pleading her case.

"And you'll take their word for it?" Ibiki grumbled yet again.

"That's enough, Ibiki" Tsunade firmly reprimanded the man who, once again, backed down "Come on, Karin" Tsunade ordered the girl who was quick to jump up and follow the Hokage out of the Interrogation room.

The two walked in silence for a while, Karin had no idea where they were heading but didn't care as she looked around the village. Even after the destruction of the village, the citizens seemed to be in high spirits as laughter and chatter could be heard all around them.