Part 8

Heavy silence lay over the Hokage's office with a strong aura of tension in the air and a lingering smell of sake. Tsunade had been drinking. Only a little, she told herself. She deserved it, after all. 

One of her best shinobi just appeared out of nowhere, seemingly back from the dead. So, she felt she needed something for the hallucination to go away. Only, he was still standing in front of her with an amused glint in his eyes. As if he knew what she was thinking, she could make out the faint outlines of a smirk behind his navy mask. 

If she weren't so focused on drinking away the hallucination, she'd smack that smirk off in a heartbeat. 

"What do you want?" The Hokage questioned as she poured herself more sake.

Naruto quirked an eyebrow at the strange behaviour of the woman he'd grown so fond of.

Sasuke didn't care much how she was acting, he simply wanted to leave with his team and catch up, maybe even spar to show their sensei how strong they'd all become. 

Sakura, on the other hand, stood next to her sensei with a small smirk on her lips. She knew exactly where Lady Tsunade's thoughts were because those thoughts were hers not long ago. 

"He's real, Lady Hokage" Sakura mumbled to the woman in a low voice in order to save her some embarrassment. Though the men heard the pinkette, they pretended as though they didn't.

Tsunade paused for a moment, glancing at Sakura in surprise, before shifting her eyes back to the older Jounin.

"BAKA!" Tsunade bellowed as she flashed in front of the masked man. He stumbled back in shock, not expecting her response to be like that. Tsunade didn't stop there as she filled her fist with chakra and slammed it into the male's chest. He flew back and through the walls of the Hokage building. 

Anbu had filtered out around the Hokage in a protective manner. Their eyes held confusion at the scene and shock upon seeing Kakashi Hatake laying on the roof of the building next to the tower.

Tsunade grit her teeth as she took deep breaths, trying to calm herself.

Sasuke and Sakura took cautious steps away from the woman, unsure why she was attacking their sensei, whilst Naruto stared mockingly at his sensei with a wide grin.

"Oh, sweet revenge" He muttered as he remembered the time Kakashi did the same thing to him.

Tsunade, having heard the teenager, grew an irk mark at his ability to joke in serious situations before she took a fist to his head and he ended up next to his sensei with a groan.

Kakashi slightly turned his head to the blonde with a glare on his features. Naruto sweatdropped, he'd surely be killed by the end of the day.

The two male's stood with shaky legs, their eyes falling on their Hokage.

Tsunade had calmed down considerably now and signalled the Anbu to stand down. Surely, everyone had heard of their return by now.

___

"Lady Hokage-" Kakashi bowed.

"Shut up. Where the hell have you been?" Tsunade cut him off with a fierce glare as Anbu stood behind the team.

The Jounin grit his teeth at being interrogated so harshly. He was still a shinobi of the village and he was being treated as a threat.

"In the land of wolves" He simply stated as he straightened up.

Tsunade eyed him for a long moment that he thought for sure she would lock him up for further interrogation but when she dismissed the Anbu, he couldn't help but frown in confusion.