Part 20

The village hidden in the leaves. A once proud village that stood tall against its oppressors was under attack.

It was the Hokage's worst fear come to life.

As the current Hokage delegated the last of her of higher-level shinobi to the areas of attack and those lower to help civilians evacuate, she narrowed her eyes where she took to the rooftops to support her village the best she could.

It was times like these that teamwork became a true strength as the enemy was none other than Pein. A single man with multiple bodies that destroyed a large part of the village. Many had lost their homes and their lives.

Tsunade could hear the screams of children crying for their parents, shinobi screaming for help, and buildings being destroyed as if it were nothing.

But now was not the time to focus on those that needed help. Now was the time to stop the enemy before they could do more damage. Though, that didn't mean she wouldn't send help.

She stopped on a nearby roof, her Anbu guard leaping down with her. Before anyone could ask further orders, Tsunade weaved hand signs and slammed her hand down on the ground.

A large puff of smoke appeared before Katsuyu, Tsunade's summon, took its place.

"Katsuyu! Attach yourself to every ninja and citizen in the village!"

"I understand" The slug responded before her body dispersed into smaller slugs.

With that done, Tsunade leaped past the cries and onto the battlefield, in front of the Pein that seemed to be in charge, she prepared herself for a harsh battle.

___

"Kakashi!" Kosuke appeared before the Jounin.

"Hmm?" Kakashi responded as the group came to a stop.

"Konoha is under attack! Pein of the Akatsuki is behind it!" He practically yelled.

Kakashi's eyes widened "Looks like we have a change of plans."

"But what about the sword!" Suigetsu complained.

"Go by yourself, you're no longer our priority" Kakashi stated with emotion as he turned to head back to the village but stopped.

"Will you continue to help us, Itachi?" Kakashi questioned with a firm look in his eyes. A look that screamed to do the right thing. He suspected the Uchiha would have known about the attack but as he saw the frown on his features, Kakashi knew he had no idea Pein would attack.

Itachi nodded with anger in his eyes that the older Jounin had never seen before in the Uchiha.

With that, the group of three took off, leaving Suigetsu by himself. The purple-haired male grumbled but otherwise went on his way, unwilling to help save a village that he had no ties to.

____

"Why is he attacking?" Naruto thought out loud as he quickly got dressed as he had been training in his underwear. Sasuke stood behind him with crossed arms and a glare. To him, this was Itachi's suffering that was being washed away without a care. If the village was destroyed, then all Itachi had done to protect it would be for nothing. He couldn't let that happen.

"He's looking for you" Fukasaku answered the blonde as he jumped on a nearby statue. Naruto glanced up at him with shock.

"Me? You mean the nine-tails" Naruto grumbled as he slipped into a black and red cloak. Sasuke sighed as the blonde seemed to become more and more lost in his anger at the oppressor.

"It doesn't matter. We have a job to do now, protect the village. We leave our emotions here" Sasuke eyed Naruto with meaning, he knew exactly how emotional the young Jounin could be when someone threatened his loved ones.