Part 3

Many strangers travel the roads between Suna and Konoha, they were the largest countries but also the most peaceful. Their alliance brought happiness and peace to many, even those that held hatred within their hearts from past battles.

There were always going to be thieves, mercenaries and wild animals along the roads, waiting for easy pickings but as one reaches the halfway mark between Suna and Konoha, a small cabin known as Misitu Rest stood as common grounds for all types of people.

"I'll ask you once more, Otaru" A calm husky voice spoke in a casual manner.

A man struggled against his bindings, his back scraping annoyingly against the frame of his chair.

"I told you everything I know, I swear!" The struggling male stated as if he'd been repeating these words for a while.

He was met with dangerous red pupils, the very sight of it sending the struggling male into a panic.

"P-please!" He cried, pushing back as far as he could.

"I know you're lying Otaru. I can smell it." The red-eyed man stated with a scowl.

"Plea-"

___

The door to the storage room opened and a blonde figure walked out with a strong posture. His eyes filtered around the seemingly peaceful atmosphere until he found the one he was looking for.

With a scowl, the blonde maneuvered his way around until he stood in front of his teacher, though more of an annoying uncle at this stage.

"Kid! There you are! Where have you been?" Jiraiya, the legendary toads sage, exclaimed with a large grin whilst his arms were draped around two girls hanging onto his sides.

Naruto Namikaze-Uzumaki stood before him with crossed arms and a deep scowl set on his features.

His outfit had changed over the years, he wore more black with a deeper orange color over his shoulder.

"Leave" He ordered the girls who stared up at him with surprise before deciding to do what he said. Something about his aura gave off the feeling of danger.

"H-Hey! Come on now, let Jiraiya show you a good time! No need to be scared of him, he wouldn't hurt a fly!" Jiraiya called after them but slumped down into the love couch he'd been seated on.

The blonde silently took a seat next to him and stared ahead. Jiraiya turned his head and glared at the blonde.

"Otaru was a dead end. Told me to follow the path of the red forest, lighting doesn't want the sun to see."

A moment of silence passed until Jiraiya's face twisted in utter confusion "Well, what does that mean?"

"I don't know" Came his response.

"Did you kill Otaru?" Jiraiya questioned again with a sigh.

"No. I simply gave him a reminder as to what would happen if his tongue slipped"

Jiraiya sighed again "Alright, we should head out before they discover we broke the comradeship law" he said whilst standing up.