Part 25

"Naruto!" Hinata cried out in worry as she watched Sakura and the blonde limping into the village. The rest of the rookie nine and Sai followed closely after.

Sakura glanced at Naruto, throwing a sly smirk the best she could whilst in pain. Naruto scoffed at her but had no choice but to keep leaning against his teammate for support. The fight had taken a lot out of him, especially after he was still recovering from his injuries with Pein.

"What happened?" Kiba questioned as he eyed the forest line for any enemies in caution.

"We...fought Orochimaru" Naruto grunted as Sakura adjusted his arm that hung over her shoulder.

"What!?" Came the collective response to his statement.

"Naruto, Sakura. You seem to require medical attention and Sakura-san looks like she may drop at any moment. I suggest you allow us to assist you toward the medical tent. This is because we are comrades and your friends. Allow us to help you" Shino spoke up with a neutral expression as always.

"Where did that come from?" Ino raised a brow at the insect-infested male who turned away with slight embarrassment.

Naruto grinned at him "Thank you, Shino. We'd appreciate the help"

With that, Kiba and Shikamaru took Naruto from Sakura and took hold of each arm whilst Ino and Hinata helped Sakura.

The group slowly began walking toward the medical tent.

"Did we miss anything while we were away?" Sakura questioned.

The others glanced at one another before Shikamaru spoke up "Danzo Shimura has been made temporary Hokage whilst Tsunade is recovering. She hasn't woken up since the fight with Pein, the villagers fear she may never, and elders are already making plans to move on without her"

Naruto stopped in his tracks, anger lacing every cell in his body whilst Sakura soon followed after but more so with shock.

"Danzo is Hokage?" Naruto muttered with a scowl upon his face.

"Hai but calm yourself, Naruto. He won't be for much longer" Shikamaru sighed thinking of the many clouds he could be watching right now.

"What do you mean?" Choji questioned. Clearly, none of them had heard the news with regards to a change in Hokages yet again.

Shikamaru glanced at Choji before his eyes settled on Naruto and Sakura solely "Kakashi Hatake stepped up in disagreement with the decision and offered to take over as he was meant to when the third died. The Daimyo agreed. They're in the land of Iron now with the other Kage to discuss the Akatsuki. Kakashi is to take over after the meeting, Sasuke traveled with them".

Naruto and Sakura's eyes widened at the news. Sakura had known about Kakashi's offer at being Hokage but never thought he'd take it whilst Naruto only worried that Sasuke had gone with the man that ordered the massacre of his entire clan. It had to mean Kakashi and Sasuke were planning something. He only hoped they would succeed in whatever that plan was.

"Ne, Sakura?" Ino questioned after a long moment of silence for the remainder of team 7.

Sakura turned to a stoic Ino with a curious expression.

"You said you fought Orochimaru..." The blonde started, gaining everyone's attention. They, too, were dying for more information on what happened.

"Orochimaru is dead" Naruto stated confidently and with a deadly expression.

"Dead?" "How!" "You guys took him down!?" And just after Pein's fight, amazing!" Came the responses from everyone.

Shikamaru smirked as he closed his eyes with content. He remembered the pain and destruction the Sannin had caused and was glad for it to be over.