Part 33

The silence and darkness of night is the awakening for many nocturnal creatures, the same could almost be said for ninja. They operated best in stealth and espionage. At least, they are meant to.

Jiraiya grumbled to himself as he trudged through the forest in the pitch black of the night. When Tsunade had said they needed to get in contact with team 7, he thought she'd send team 8 or 10 or even Gai's team but not him. He was missing out on so much research!

"How do I even find them!?" Jiraiya exclaimed into the darkness before growing silent as if waiting for an answer. When none came. He sighed and continued his journey all the whilst grumbling to himself.

___

"Ya know, I feel stronger already." Naruto grinned before a deadpanned expression overtook his features as he glanced at Kazuma "But that's from my own training. When are you going to start my training, Kazu-san?"

Kazuma gave a closed-eye smile before a shadow took over his features "Don't call me that." He whispered with a malicious tone and scary glare.

Naruto reeled back in surprise before quickly nodding "S-Sure, of course. Never aga-Yes, Kazuma-Sama" the blonde nervously chuckled.

Kazuma chucked "I'm just joking" he stated with a wave of his hand as Naruto sighed in relief. The blonde quickly tensed as Kazuma shot him a subtle glare to confirm he was, in fact, not joking.

"Anyway, the pace of your training is dependant on you." Kazuma continued.

Naruto tilted his head in confusion "Huh?"

"I've already told you what I would help you with, didn't I?" Kazuma patiently pushed.

Naruto scratched his head and seemed to be in deep thought "Er..."

"Well?"

"I'm trying to remember what you said but I wasn't listening" Naruto sheepishly chuckled.

A shadow loomed over Kazuma once again as he continued to smile. It was creepy indeed.

"Very well, you have a bond with your beast, right?"

"His name is Kurama and yeah, we're friends!" Naruto grinned.

Kazuma smiled "friendship between beast and host are quite rare. So, we will train to take advantage of that and utilize the beasts and your power together"

Naruto frowned as he thought about it "I won't use Kurama like that"

Kazuma shook his head with a never-faltering smile "My dear boy, your loyalty to him is commendable but your understanding is not what I meant. I can sense the unused potential within you. This training will improve your bond between Kurama and yourself so that both of you can benefit"

Naruto eyed the old Senju with skepticism.

'What do you think, Kurama?'

'You're too suspicious, kit. I bet you don't even understand what he's saying'

Naruto could almost feel the mocking smirk the fox was giving him. An irk mark formed on his forehead as he glared.

'I get what he's saying! He wants to improve our teamwork. Right?...'

Naruto flinched as Kurama's loud laughter echoed through his head.

'Urusai!'

'That's the basic idea of it, idiot. In truth, he wants us to combine our power'