Basket Of Fruit - Yoshi x Reader

"Yoshi! C'mon, I got some fruit!" Yoshi woke up from the call of his name and the word, "fruit." He stretched against the tree stump he slept on, trying to get the sleep away. He got himself up and waddled back inside the mansion, wondering who called him.

You had actually got into the trouble of going out with Marth and Ike, going into the forest to collect things. You stumbled upon fruit and decided to bring some fruit along for Yoshi to have, since you and him are best friends. You smiled as you placed the bag of fruit onto the floor, waiting for your dinosaur friend to come.

Marth looked at the large bag and raised an eyebrow at you. "What are the fruits for, Madam [Y/N]?" You giggled at what Marth called you and grinned at him. "Why, these are for Yoshi, Sir Marth." Marth blushed lightly at the name you had given him, making Ike chuckle at his expression. "Yoshi!"

Yoshi heard his name again and trailed around the mansion to find the source. Then, he smelled the juicy scent of fresh fruit not too far away. He beamed up and started to follow the scent of fruit. As soon as he walked through another corner, he could see you with the two swordsmen. You saw him and waved at him, then gestured him to come over. He waved back then saw the bag full of heavenly fruit beside you. His eyes sparkled and his tongue started to stick out at the beauty of fruit.

He ran as fast as ever towards you, already wanting to get the fruits. You giggled but then your eyes widened just a tad, since Yoshi was coming in super fast. "W-Whoa Yoshi! Slow do-" It was too late, Yoshi had already leaped onto your and you fell back with a thump, giving out a loud "Oomph!" in the process.

The swordsmen's eyes widened and asked if you were alright. You giggled and patted Yoshi on the head. "I'm fine... Just got hit on the bottom is all." You giggled once more and the two men just chuckled lightly. Yoshi looked at you with a big smile on his face. "Yoshi?" He gestured to the big bag of fruit beside you.

You giggled and explained. "I found some fruit while me, Marth and Ike were out in the forest and I wanted to bring some to you." Yoshi smiled and hugged you tightly, which you happily returned. He got off you and looked through the bag, taking in the scent of the perfect fruit. You smiled and got up, grabbing the bag which Yoshi pouted at that, wanting to smell it more.

"We can go to the garden and I'll give it to you there, deal?" Yoshi nodded in approval and waddled back to the garden. You giggled and waved to the two swordsmen, thanking them for the trip. They waved back and watched you two leave, with a grin on their faces. "Those two make two peas in a pod." Marth chuckled and nodded at his statement, thinking the same thing.

You two made it to the garden, Yoshi already jumping up and down to get his fruit. You giggled and placed it onto the floor then sat on the tree stump he sleeps on. "Go ahead and dig in buddy." Yoshi looked at you, smiling then he knocked over the bag, letting all the fruit fall out. His eyes twinkled in delight and he started to chow down on the fruit. You giggled, watching the little green dinosaur enjoy his fruit.

After a few more minutes, Yoshi had already gotten full, him lying down on your lap. You smiled and rubbed his belly, making Yoshi laugh a bit. You looked at the bag, practically all of the fruit was gone. He only had about 5 left in there but he just couldn't finish it all. You smiled once more, looking down at the cute green dinosaur. He was already napping once again, a faint smile on his face.

You giggled and gave his big nose a kiss. He blushed lightly at your kiss and smiled much wider than before. He woke up again and looked at your beautiful face, dreamily smiling at you. He got up a bit and nuzzled his nose into your neck, breathing in your sweet scent. You giggled at his nuzzling and patted him on the head. "Yoshi..." You could quite understand that he was thanking you. You smiled and planted one more kiss on his nose.

"You don't have to thank me, Yoshi. I just wanted to do that for you, and I'm glad you loved it." Yoshi smiled, another blush forming on his cheeks. He yawned and went back to napping on your lap, you giggling and holding him close to your form.

After a few hours, you napped yourself, your body plastered on the tree stump while Yoshi was napping on top of your stomach. Marth and Ike came out of the garden, wondering where you two were. Ike caught his eyes on you two. "Hey Marth, they're over there..." Marth turned to the direction Ike was looking at, grinning in the process. They both walked up to you two quietly, not wanting to wake you nor Yoshi.

They watched you two for a while, grinning the whole time. "Looks like those two had a long day." Ike stated. Marth nodded and then got an idea. He took off his cape and put it on top of Yoshi and you. Ike was amused at his sudden action. "Don't you need your cape, Marth?" Marth chuckled and shook his head. "No. I'll leave it on those two. I don't want them to catch a cold." Ike smiled and nodded. "Lets leave them be, they did have a long day."

Marth nodded and turned around to head back, Ike following. You and Yoshi stayed put, smiling at the new warmth Marth had given you two and happy to be together like this.