You're The One I Love More Than Her - Ness x Reader

You and Ness have been closest friends since as long as you could remember. You two were friends ever since you had joined the Smash Mansion. You would never forget how the two of you came to be. You and Ness would constantly hang out during your free time, you would train with him, go out and about with him, heck even you both teamed up for battles!

The thing is, you'd never grow apart from him. The other thing was, you had a really big crush on him for a long while now. It started with you finding him really cute but soon, those feelings started to bloom and now you were head over heels for him. His personality, how cute he is, his moves, the way he talks, and even his stories got to you.

Every now and then, when you two hung out, he'd tell you about his adventures from EagleLand, his home place. You were always so mesmerized about his adventures, you'd always wished you were there with him. He even talked about his close friends, but there was this one girl, Paula, that he talked about the most. Every time he'd start to talk about her, you'd suddenly become uninterested and just shook your head from time to time about what he had to say.

Truth be told, you were kind of jealous. Well, maybe not kind of jealous, more like REALLY jealous of Paula. You always thought that maybe he was into her rather than you, from the way he talked about her. Whenever you two were in the garden, walking around and him talking about her, you'd sort of look away, your face in a bit of a upset state.

Ness would sometimes take note of this and smile just a bit. "You're jealous, aren't you [Y/N]?" He'd ask at times, making you jolt and for your cheeks to warm up, looking at him in a bit of shock. "N-No! I am not j-jealous!" You'd lie, hoping he would buy it. But, he never did and he couldn't help but chuckle at how cute you seemed flustered. He'd smirk and start to constantly tease you about it, making you feel even more flustered than before.

While he'd do that, a few of the fighters would see you two like that, and either smile or smirk. They thought you two would make the cutest Smash Couple. Some already knew you two had a big crush on each other, and they'd sometimes gossip about it from time to time. You two didn't really know this, since no one wanted to make you two feel embarrassed or anything. They wanted to keep it all a secret until one of you told each other your true feelings.

That was going to happen today, actually. Ness was preparing for the battle that was going against Toon Link. He was also preparing for telling you his true feelings afterwards, his heart thumping in nervousness and his cheeks flaring since he wasn't sure if you'd accept his feelings or not. He tried to put those bad thoughts aside, and concentrate on the battle first, then that later.

Once he made it to the arena, he saw Toon Link already there and he waved towards Ness, making him smile and wave back. He looked around the crowd to see if you were there, after a while, his eyes landed on your pretty form and his heart skipped a small beat. He looked away and tried to focus on the battle at hand.

'C'mon, Ness. Concentrate on the battle first, then [Y/N] later...'

He took a deep breath, and made his way there, while you watched with a big smile on your face, knowing he'd win for sure.

-Time Skip-

"The winner is... Ness!"

The Announcer called, making everyone cheer and for you to cheer even more. Ness smiled widely and waved to the crowd. Toon Link clapped for him with a smile and went over to him to shake his hand. Ness smiled and accepted it. "Good game, Ness! Lets do it again sometime!" Toon Link said with a smirk.

Ness returned the smirk and nodded. "I'd love to, Toon Link!" Toon Link gave another nod before pulling away and looking behind Ness. He smirked again and said, "Hey, I think your girlfriend's coming for ya~."

Ness' cheeks flared up at what Toon Link had said. He was about to protest until he felt a pair of arms wrap around his neck, making him turn around and smile, hugging you back.

"Nice work, Ness! I knew you would win!" You said happily, pulling away to look at him. Ness' cheeks darkened and he scratched the back of his neck.

'This is it. This is the moment where I tell you how I feel...'

He thought. He took a deep breath again, making you raise an eyebrow. "Ness? Are you okay? Are you tired or anything?" He looked at you again and blushed once again. "N-No, [Y/N]. That's not it. The thing is, I have something to tell you..." Your heart thumped suddenly at that statement, and you wondered what it was he was wanting to say.

Slowly, Ness took both of your hands in his, now making your cheeks flare up. His heart began to thump against his chest and he took another deep breath, before saying, "[Y/N], the thing is, I really lo-"

"I love you too, Ness..."

You cut him off, your cheeks a dark red, and a small smile spread across your lips. Ness was taken aback by your words, but he smiled widely and brought you into an embrace, making you giggle and hug him back tightly. The fighters that had watched the whole thing clapped and whistled for you two, making you both look around and blush in embarrassment. But you two knew that everyone would know eventually.

You two looked into each others eyes and smiled, before going to his side and holding each others hands. "Would you like to go out, [Y/N]?"

"Of course I would, Ness. Anything with you is always a gift for me." He blushed at your words and smiled, before pulling you alongside with him into the mansion to get ready for your cute, little date.