Chapter 27

Rohan Sarthak's POV:

I don't know where I was going, but I just want to leave the place when I saw her. Was this all real? Did I image her by any chance, or did she come here for real?

I stopped in my tracks. Guess, I had mistaken her for someone else. This was the vague explanation I could assure myself with, and I turned around to confirm my doubts. I again looked in her direction.

It was her. She had changed. She had changed quite much. She is not the same cute girl whom I last saw in school. Now, she is a lady, a woman, if I can add. Gone is the school look, and now is more attractive than ever.

Then I saw her going to some boys, our parallel, I guess. They were looking at her as though they had never seen a girl. *******, I cursed under my breath.

Anyway, do I care? Not at all. I looked away from her and saw Ajay gazing at Tanvi. Great! So everyone is interested only in her. I thought and went to him and said, "I am leaving. Will you join or not?"

He didn't notice me for a moment and still kept looking at her. She was standing opposite to us, but because of the crowd in between us, we were unable to see her without any disturbance. I nudged him, and he came out his trance. Finally!

"I thought of calling her here, but they were fast," he said.

I don't know why, but my blood boiled upon hearing him. Why did he want to call her? Of course, he doesn't know who she actually is. Still, he shouldn't call her. We shouldn't even see each other. After our last conversation, or it would be safer to say after she talked to me last time, I never ever wanted to see her, not even accidentally, but look at me now!

"I am leaving," I told to him and didn't even bother to see whether he was accompanying me or not.

But, to my luck, he hopped down from the wall and started walking along, glimpsing at her one last time. That idiot was too lost in her thoughts that he failed to notice that I had halted in my tracks and was glaring at him, but he continued going forward, looking at her. I had a hard time breathing and controlling my anger. But, I acted as though everything was good and went after him.

"It's all because of you, couch potato. Otherwise, we would have come earlier and could meet good faces and could talk to them and....." he continued with his random babbles, sounding sad and frustrated, while I remained mum. I was still thinking about her. I remembered, how I was reminded of her every single day. I thought forgetting her was the best idea, but forgetting was the most difficult thing to do. Still, I never contacted her again and didn't even used my old sim card, doubting she might contact me again. I tried to erase all her memories and all my memories with her. Guess I would have to do the same now too.

'She is unknown to you. You don't have any relation with her. Don't waste your time and feelings for such a woman.' I kept on chanting all this to myself and gave myself courage to not get into her again.

One MONTH LATER

****!

With my courageous words about forgetting her, all I had to do now was see her daily, either morning or in the evening or during random break time. She is also in CSE department, so she is with me in the same block, thankfully not in the same class, and it will never be the same either. But seeing her daily is a torture. Watching her laugh, smile, and enjoy everything is making me very annoyed and frustrated. To make it simple, I have become a sadist and a complete psycho who doesn't like seeing her happy. On top of all this, most of the boys, irrespective of the year and department they are in, are trying their best to impress her.

For a moment, I considered doing many evil things, both to her and to those ********, but as usual, all my thoughts just remained within me, but I am unable to overcome this inner turmoil.