Chapter 35

I didn't tell it in before chapter, but now I will tell. The thing is since most you liked all the covers, I will be using all. Will change the cover from time to time. Hope you will like it too that way. That's it.

Happy Reading.

Rohan Sarthak's POV:

The whole room, which was no less than a battlefield an hour ago, was now filled with tranquility. As soon as Ajay finished telling me what all had happened with Tanvi, I collapsed on the floor. My legs were unable to bear the weigh of the situation. 

"Had you told me once, have you spoken to me once, just once, all this wouldn't have happened Rohan. At least we would have sorted out everything," Ajay said. 

Was it my mistake that I didn't tell him or anyone? I wondered. I want to justify myself. Why I did hide it, you ask? It's because of my insecurities. What if she hadn't remembered me? What if she remembered me but wouldn't have acknowledged me? What if she would blame me? What if she would ask me to never come before her again? and apart from all these, What if she would have disappeared again?

I heard Ajay sigh, and I lifted my head to see what he was doing. Before I could perceive his movement, he jerked me up and pushed me to the wall.

Ajay held the collar of my shirt in a firm grip, that my whole body was getting crushed against the wall behind me.

"Speak out, Rohan. Cat caught your tongue?" Ajay gritted his teeth. 

Since the moment Ajay spilled out the truth, I remained numb. No word or any emotion was not coming from me. I listened to every word and felt like it was happening right before my eyes. 

I was unable to think of anything other than Tanvi. Never in these two years have I tried to understand the situation from her perspective, not even for a second. I always blamed her for my pain, my heartache, my disturbed life, and for what not everything, but never I spared a thought about Tanvi's feelings. Heck, till yesterday, I hated her. 

But now, realizing her situation was making me shiver. How scared she must have been! How vulnerable she must have been! How pitiable she must have been!

"Don't tell me now that you are feeling sad and regretful?" Ajay shook me harshly, which bought me back to the present. 

I looked at him straight in his eyes. His face softened when he saw the misery and the inner turmoil I was struggling within my self, which reflected in my eyes. He loosened his grip on my collar and stepped back. "You should have been more thoughtful earlier instead regretting now. As the saying goes, 'No use crying over the spilled milk' So don't feel bad now."

Saying this he left the room, leaving me in my own misery. I sat on the bed and placed my head in between my palms. Whatever Ajay said was playing in my ears again and again.

"She is considering herself as a cheater. A cheater who you cheated you." 

All this time, even I thought the same way, She is a cheater, but now, the guilt was killing me. Not just guilt, there was something else that was choking my inner self, my heart. 

And apart from all this, she still remembers me, she remembers this day. I don't know whether I should be happy or sad because of this. Happy because I am still engraved in her memories, so much that she rejected my friend, who is the perfect man in all senses.

And sad that she had been suffering like me only, or worse than me. At least, I used blame her, vent out my anger at her, bad mouthed her and did many unforgivable mistakes, but for her, she blamed herself only. She started loathing herself, even named herself as cheater and believed it all.