Chapter 45

Fast update. Relieving you all soon 😜.

Just kidding. But yeah I have set a deadline to myself that I will complete it by my birthday and on my birthday I will give you the epilogue.

And later on few bonus chapters would remind you of the story once in a while.

Happy Reading.

Rohan Sarthak's POV:

Flashback

In January, after JEE Mains exam was done and dusted, I saw my father once I came out of the allotted exam center.

"How did it go, Rohan?" asked Dad. 

Fortunately, I was given the exam centre in this town only, while many had to go to other districts and states. 

"Good, Dad. I will get a good rank enough for NIT's and Andhra University," I said as we walked till we reached the parking lot. By the time we came out many other students were outside, too, some with happy faces while some with sad and dejected faces. 

As soon as we reached the parking lot, Dad offered me some water, and I drank some, splashing some water on my face too. It made me feel fresh too. 

"Ok, then. Let's celebrate this too. We'll eat outside," my Dad said and I didn't need a better reason to smile than eating outside. I smiled internally and was extremely happy, but it was ruined when he spoke up next. 

"Or else if you miss my food so much, I can cook too."

I looked at his smirking face while my face fell. I didn't say anything else and sat behind him on the bike, and we rode in silence, in the afternoon, under the burning heat. It was nowhere like winter. Global warming! I thought and closed my eyes, waiting for some breeze to caress my face. 

To my dismay, no air touched me by the time we reached our home. Before we could enter, I noticed a Zomato delivery boy at our entrance with a parcel in his hand. I immediately understood that it was my Dad's trick. 

I saw him grinning at me, and I licked my lips to hide my smile before picking up the parcel and going inside immediately. Smiling to my heart's content. The delicious aroma was making my mouth water. I just wanted to feast on it. 

I kept everything on the table and brought some plates, arranging them. Before I could dig in the fried rice, Dad stopped me and asked me to freshen up first and then eat. No matter how much I pleaded and even faked that I am hungry, he didn't listen, and I had to go to my room to change.

My phone buzzed while I was changing into something comfortable. I opened my phone to see a message from Tan Theta. 

A smile automatically came on my face when I read the message. It showed 'How did your exam go?' 

It had been 10 days since our bet was placed, and we had been talking. Well, it was more like she messaged me, and then I continued with the flow with her. Talking to her has always made me feel more lively and enthusiastic. A good improvement and a change in my personality, I thought and asked her, 'Did you not go to school?'

And within a minute I got a call from her. She doesn't wait a moment, right? I wondered and picked the call.

"Hi. How's your exam?" she asked me the next second I answered it. 

"Why do you have a phone? Are you not in school?" I snapped her question. 

"Don't you remember days? It's Saturday today. So, half-day Rohan," she mocked, stretching my name.