Chapter 9

Tanvi's POV:

"Tan..." I almost told him my name, but I stopped there. God! I had been tricked, and I almost fell into his trap.

"What, Tan?" he asked me curiously. 

I almost revealed my identity to him, and I would have made a fool in front of him again. God, give me another stupid reason so that he would believe me. What should I say now?

I disconnected the call. That was the only idea popping in my brain. Shit man! How could I be so careless? I had told him many details about myself. Now, he had half my biodata, my favourite flowers, chocolates, colours, and other such things. I wish I had a time machine so that I wouldn't repeat the same mistake.

I held my head in both my palms and cursed myself. Suddenly, my phone started ringing again, and it was him. I must be confident and must not let him know that he caught got me off guard. 

"Hello," I said. Internally, I was shit scared, but I maintained a good facade of confidence.

"So, what is tan?" he asked. He sounded as if he had already come across everything about me.

"Well, I was talking about tan theta." That is the lamest and the only excuse I could make up at the moment.

"What?" He sounded puzzled.

"What did you think? You can catch me, huh?" that confused tone gave me my confidence back and I had to repay him for his trickery.

"Well, at least now I know more details about. So, maybe I can get you," he said cheerfully.

"Who said that I am being truthful with you?"

"So, what all you said was not true?" he asked me in a disappointed tone. I was able to shake his confidence.

"You will believe anything I say?"

"I don't know," he mumbled. I think he got too dejected. Before I could say something else, he continued, "But I would like to believe everything you say."

That statement literally caused butterflies to dance in my stomach. I blushed hard, and I didn't know why that statement created such an impact within seconds. A full-blown smile curved on my face, and no words are coming out of my mouth.

"Hello?" he said, bringing me out of the trance.

"Well....I am still here." Finally, some words made their way out of my mouth.

"Okay, forget about everything else. When can I meet you?" he said in a stern voice. He was serious again.

"Rohan, I am sorry about that, but I can only say that we can meet soon."

I didn't know why but I preferred to know about him like this because, in this indirect way, I was getting to see his real side. Well, everyone is not how they show themselves to the world. They have another personality when they are in seclusion. And I want to find the true person.

"What if I get you before that?" he asked me quite confidently.

"Well, I will wait for you to find me." 

"Hide well, Miss Vishnuvardhan or tan theta, but I already have a lot of details about you, and now it will only be a matter of time before I find you," he retorted as if he is already found me.

"So, you believe everything I told you?"

"That's not the only thing I got. I am sure that you are not my parallel student. So, you are definitely my junior. My task now is to find who you are and I will do it."

Well, I must agree he got an important point, and his voice is making my heart flutter.

"Then how much time will you take to find me? A day or a week?" I asked him sarcastically.

"Within a month," he said calmly.

"Whoa! I thought you are intelligent enough to find me, but you need so much time Rohan," I mocked him.

"Miss, be practical. There are only three days to go before the new year arrives, and after that, we will have 'Sankranthi' holidays and then exams and then farewell party and by february school will give us preparation holidays. So, I need my own time to find you," he explained everything to me as if he is a Maths teacher and I am his obedient student.

"Okay, but what if you don't find me within a month?"

"Well, then I will wait till you show me your face. What if I find you myself?" he confronted me. What should I put in stake?

 I heaved a deep sigh. "Okay if you find me by yourself, then I will not disturb you again. Is that ok?" I don't know why I agreed with this, but I felt scared too.

"Done," he said it out loudly.

Wait, why did I agreeing to a deal like this is? Is this another of his tricks? 

Shit! Shit! Shit! I fell for it again.

"So, bye," he said this and was about to disconnect the call. But I interrupted. "I disagree with this deal or bet or anything."

"Why?" he questioned me curiously.

"This is another one of your tricks, and I don't want to fall for it." I tried my level best to cover my previous mistake, yet to fall into another one. Man! Stupid me!

This time, he began laughing out loud. I think he was deliberately doing this to provoke me for laughing at him before. Okay, you reap what you sow. I thought and let this slide.

"Ok, Ok, you are doing this to exact revenge on me for laughing at you before. Stop it now," I said, annoyed.

"Ok, I will stop, but we will not go back on this deal. You have already agreed, and that's final, and If you don't agree now, then I will complain to the principal the next day itself. I suggest you to agree to this and if I can't find you then I will not complain to anyone. So, it's your wish now."

I had dug my own grave. I am so stupid. After getting his number, I thought I could fool him easily for some days, but where was this thing even going? Yesterday I thought I was very intelligent, but I sounded like the biggest blockhead and buffoon today.

"You are an evil jerk," I said to him in a low voice, accepting my stupidity.

"I'll take that as a yes to this agreement. Bye for now and prepare yourself to get caught by me," he said and disconnected the call.

Man, I wished for a story like 'Bodyguard', but no, he is acting like James Bond, digging all the clues and solving the case. Now I was afraid. What if he gets to know who I am? It would lead to becoming fodder for gossip in the school, and I would be the centre of the attraction.

Shit! Now, what should I do? It was already 4pm and I hadn't received a single call from Sam. I wish she were here, she would have helped me.

My thoughts were interrupted by knock on the door, and there could be only one person who would come to me at this time. 

I rushed towards the door and opened it.

"Couldn't you come a bit early?" I literally shouted on Sam, and she stood there, perplexed.

So here is another chapter.

Hope you will like it.

Before anything I would like to clarify the confusion about Tanvi's crush. Tanvi has a crush on the boy named Rohan, but unfortunately she gets in contact with another Rohan of the same class as her crush and his full name is Rohan Sarthak. I gave two names to the male lead to avoid confusion to everyone who reads my story but a friend of mine asked me about this names issue so I am addressing this confusion to everyone.

Please Vote and Comment .

Thank you.