Chapter 42

So, back with a new chapter. It is not a chapter with some twist or something, but I wanna write more about Jiya and Tanvi's friendship. So, a sweet chapter for you all.

Though the vote target is not achieved, I wanna update cause the 10k target got achieved and am very happy for that. Thank you all. It's because of your support. 

Many new voters who were obviously old readers voted too. Thank you so so much for voting when I asked.

And even today many readers voted and am grateful to you too, but please continue to vote like this. Please. No more interruptions.

Happy Reading.

Tanvi's POV:

"5...4...3...2...1 HAPPY BIRTHDAY TANVI," Jiya squealed and hugged me. 

"Thank you, Jiya," I said embracing her. It's my 1st birthday with her and her birthday will follow mine soon. She wished me exactly at midnight as she wanted to wish me first and foremost before anyone else. She was successful in that. 

We pulled away from each other's embrace as my phone started ringing. I looked at it and saw it's my mom video calling me. 

"Hi Maa," I answered immediately, all happy and excited about the call.

"Happy Birthday, Tanvi," my mom wished me. She was sitting on the bed with my father beside her. He took the phone soon after she was done wishing me. 

"Ok we have a surprise for you tomorrow" said my mom.

I furrowed my brows.
"What?"

"We are coming there tomorrow," my mom chirped. I just couldn't believe my ears for a moment. They are coming here again after being here just two weeks ago?

"Really?" I asked them still not believing the fact.

"Yeah, dear. Actually, we want to keep it as a surprise, but then I thought maybe you would have your plans with your friends. So, we are informing you before," said mom. They even planned a surprise for me? I wondered still being shocked.

Of course, it is not like this my 1st time celebrating my birthday with them or something. Even during school, no matter whether they were with me on the other days, they were always present on my birthdays, at least a day, but my teen mind didn't acknowledge that happiness at that time, and I blamed them later on.

Whenever I used to feel low, I used to spend my time seeing those old photos or waiting for my birthday. At first, I planned to go home and spend with them. It had been 3 months since I went there. After completion of my 1st semester, I had gone home, but after that, it was only them coming.

"By what time will you be here?" I shouted in joy. I guess it was too loud since Jiya, who was getting something colorful from her bag, stopped her work and came to me. Maybe she was hiding any gift.

"We will be there by the afternoon and then we will roam, have dinner, and stay over at night. Ok?" mom put out all the plan and it could not be much better. I will spend my morning with Jiya, and in the afternoon with my parents.

I nodded my head in agreement, and then Jiya who came beside me, greeted my parents and chatted for a minute. Then we ended the call as they have to get things done on time for tomorrow, and for that, they need to sleep. 

As they ended the call, Jiya again went to her bag. Now there wad nothing to hide. It was already 20 minutes past 12, so why was she still hiding my gift? I stalked behind her. 

She became alert as soon as she sensed my presence. Her hands went behind her. I smirked and stood in front of her with my hands folded. 

"Well...." I asked her. She smiled sheepishly and showed a bar of molten chocolate in her hand. It was a big dairy milk chocolate bar, but now it was not shape of a bar. My eyes widened seeing its appearance and I burst into fits of laughter. Even she joined with me, and we hugged each other, still laughing.