Chapter 29

So thank you all for finishing the target, and sorry that I couldn't update yesterday itself. Got busy with college work and editing this big chapter.

So a special thanks to my friend mikywaymidnight for her help in writing about engineering fests. Since I am not from Engineering background, she helped me writing about the fest.

Now coming to the next target how about 20 votes and 5 reviews???

Let's see. Enjoy.

Writer's POV:

They stood facing one another for a moment. For Tanvi, it was a combination of shock and nervousness, while for Sarthak( from now I will mention him as Sarthak only, hope that doesn't confuse you anyone) there was only resentment. Once upon a time when, he wanted to go as close as possible towards her, but now he wanted to run as far as possible from her.

Finally, Ajay brought both of them out of their trance, breaking the intense eye lock, which people used to hold in movies from 90s. As soon as Ajay came in between Tanvi and Sarthak, she came out of the dead lock and smiled to both of them. 

"Have you known each other before only?" Ajay asked both as Sarthak was still looking at her.

"Well, we met once," said Tanvi, remembering that fatal encounter they had. 

'Once? We met Onc?' Sarthak scoffed in his own mind. Again he was drowning back to their past, and the memories are flashing in front of him. 

"Ohh! That's great, then. So R.S, she is Tanvi, and Tanvi he is my best and only friend..." before Ajay could tell his name, Sarthak cut him off saying, "I am not teaming with her."

  It took a minute for both Ajay and Tanvi to register what he just said, and before they could respond, Sarthak turned around and left the place. Ajay immediately followed his back and stopped him by holding his shirt's collar from behind. 

Sarthak stumbled by this sudden movement but regained his balance soon enough. He turned around and was angry with Ajay's stupidity. "What?" 

Tanvi thought of going after them but didn't, as she was sure now that this strange person would not team up with her. Why was he behaving like this with me? she thought.

"R.S just few minutes ago, you agreed to work with a girl. I told you everything in detail. Now, what's wrong. Why are you leaving?" Ajay asked in exasperation. He was unable to understand what changed his friend's mind within a fraction of second. 

Sarthak sighed audibly. He didn't know why, but he didn't want to tell who Tanvi is to Ajay. Actually, he didn't want to talk about her with anyone, but if they were to become a team, he would have to talk to her, which he hates to do.

"I don't want to join now. Not with a girl,"

"But you are ok with it, right? I told you..." as Ajay was about to explain everything, Sarthak stopped him and said, "I know you told me, but I am not interested. That's it." And he looked away.

Ajay fell silent as he heard his friend's words. He understood that Sarthak was serious about his decision, so he chuckled bitterly and said, "Great. Ok then, Rohan Sarthak. You go. I will be with her."

Sarthak immediately glimpsed back at Ajay. He was hell angry now for two reasons. One, Ajay addressed him with the name which he had forgotten long ago. After he told to his father to not to call him as Rohan ever again, he didn't introduce himself as Rohan in front of anyone. He never responded when Ajay called him like that. Hence Ajay always calls him R.S, though he was used to calling him Rohan since childhood. Now, after a long time hearing his full name caused him to remember some memories.