Chapter 16

Rohan Sarthak's POV:

"Which shirt should I wear?" asked Dad, holding a black shirt in one hand and a sky blue shirt in another.

Today is our farewell day, my last day in this school and even my last day to find her, because after today our faculty gave us two options, either come to school and prepare or can stay at home and prepare. Obviously, I have chosen the latter one.

Not because I know everything and am in no need of any further assistance but just to rely on my own self and not have any distractions. If I am in my home, then I will be all alone, and none will disturb me.

Coming back to the shirt, Dad pointed towards the black one. Even my 1st choice was that, but again, I was conflicted the blue one as well. Anyway, I dressed up at a furious speed.

In an hour, I was ready and asked Dad to drop me to my school while on his way to his office. Well, I don't ask him daily, but today I didn't want to walk. So he dropped me at school and asked me to enjoy well before heading out for office.

Today, the rest of the school is not present. It's only +1 and us. So, everything is calm and pleasant, just like the song. I don't know why I couldn't take that song out of my mind after listening to it. I play it on a loop whenever I got some time.

I wanted to thank her for telling me about such a nice song, but we didn't interact much after that day. I tried reaching out to her, but she texted me in WhatsApp, saying she was busy. I wonder what she is so busy with?

Then something flickered my mind. She is my junior. So, she must be a part of some event at the farewell party, and that must be the reason behind her keeping busy. That's why I had made up my mind to attend this function. Otherwise, I had no interest in gracing it with my presence.

So, finally, I went inside the building, determined to find her. I directly ambled towards the conference room since our farewell party was to be held in that room. It's, after all, the biggest hall in our school. Luckily, the room is situated on ground floor, unlike my class, in the 2nd floor.

I went to the door, but the room was closed, and a few members standing out, guess my batchmates. They didn't bother to glance me way, neither do I care for them, but why is this door closed?

I glimpsed at my watch, and it's 8:40 am. The programme was supposed to start at 9:30. I had definitely reached super early.

In the meantime, two boys came out and informed us that it would take some time for them to welcome us in since they were still preparing and are decorating the room. Until then, they asked us to wait in some other classroom.

All of us sighed and stood back, waiting for the time to run fast. A few of them headed inside the empty classrooms in the vicinity, while others roamed around the school and clicked many selfies. Even I took my phone today and clicked a few pics, not mine but my school's as well as of the beautiful garden on the premises. I roamed around the school, and fortunately, none will say anything to us today.

Moving around the building, I reached the other side, and none are present here. It felt nice being the only one there. Suddenly, I heard someone shouting, and the voice came from room, which had a partially open window. I don't know why, but I felt like I knew the voice, and something was pulling me towards it.

I went near the window and opened it slowly so that no one would notice me. Then I understood that it was our conference room, and many students were roaming all over the room doing something or the other. I didn't get the full view of the room, but from what I could perceive, I must say the decoration was done pretty well. Balloons, ribbons, glitters, multi-shaped streamers hanging from above. Everything was very riveting.