Chapter 32

Surprise again. So this chapter is present for many things.

Firstly, my short story won second place in a writing contest. Congrats for that.

Second, we reached 1k votes because of all your love and support. Thankyou so so much. There was a time when I was stuck with 200 views and 20 votes. Thought I am not a good story teller, but thanks a lot for proving me wrong.

And this chapter is for all of you. So bye till May maybe. Hope you all write your respective exams well too. Pray for me as well.

Target- 50 votes(I guess I am nagging you all too much) and how about reaching 50 followers. Only if you want to, no compulsion, but votes and comments are required. Please do so.

Happy reading.

Rohan Sarthak's POV:

'I don't know you before, and neither do you know me before. So, what is your problem?'

Her words are still ringing in my ears. Her eyes, filled with hatred, anger, and disgust were not leaving my sight. 

Everything is my fault. I guess, I went too far in the process of hurting her. Still, those words are burning my skin. I don't know her? Not a day passed in the last two years without remembering her, her words, her face, and the last time I ever talked to her. And she said that I don't know her?

I am lying on my bed, still recollecting every moment of that awful day. I don't know what possessed me the moment I saw her and heard her voice on the phone. 

That day:

I told Ajay that I would come late. I went for submission of my practical record book, and to my dismay, it was the last day, so I had to get the faculty to sign it, or else I would lose my internal marks and the faculty would play with us. 

But Ajay kept calling me. I was in my own hurry, and he was disturbing me. For some time, all the calls stopped, and I sighed in relief, going ahead to get the sign done. 

Suddenly, my phone started ringing again. The faculty peered at me sternly. I apologized to him and cut the call. But, It started ringing again and I immediately switched it off. At that moment, if that person had been in front of me, then I would have surely killed him.

And on top of all this, that faculty, too, got a call, and made me stand there for half an hour. He talked about his piles problem over phone with someone, seriously?

That was the most disgusting conversation I had ever heard in my life. Internally, I cursed him, myself, Ajay, and the whole world. I just wanted to slap him across his face and go away from the place, but somehow, I restrained myself from doing so. Finally, the signature was done, and I started walking towards Ajay and her. 

In this one week, I didn't even acknowledge her. She used to smile at me and wave her hand, but I ignored her in the same way she ignored me after winning the event. Now I had face her again.

Thinking all these, I switched on my phone, to dial Ajay's number, but I was shocked to see 23 missed calls from an unknown number. WTF! Who was this? I dialed the number, but when I heard the voice from the other side, my heart skipped a beat. It was Tanvi.

I was hearing her voice over phone after two years. I could never ever forget the voice that had changed my life. For a moment, I forgot where I was and what I was doing. Then I turned around and saw Tanvi standing a bit far off from me with the phone near her face. 

All the memories and our talks flashed in front of my eyes, and it felt surreal. I kept staring at her without blinking. She looked at me when her friend pointed towards me, and she disconnected the call, signalling me to go to her.