Chapter 39

A new chapter for you. I am sorry for this late update and will be sorry for the upcoming late updates as my classes will commence soon. So I will be updating one chapter a week mostly. Hope that's ok.

Btw a happy news and am adding it now. My book won 1st runner up in 'Star Awards' in General Fiction category. My first award guys. I didn't believe it at 1st, but it's the truth. Thankyou so much SuhanixSidneet

And do vote and comment for the chapters as the book is coming to the end

And do vote and comment for the chapters as the book is coming to the end. Few more chapters are left. (Spoiler- I will give a positive ending). So you won't get the weekly updates later to vote. So do it now.

Happy Reading

Rohan Sarthak's POV:

"No" she rejected my friendship bluntly and left. What? I thought and looked at her as she went ahead of me.

Failed in the first attempt, I cursed under my breath and went after her. She didn't even bother turning back. I went closer to her again and walked beside her. She noticed me again and increased her pace, but with whom is she competing?

I blocked her path before as we reached the canteen. She didn't expect my sudden move and almost bumped into me but composed herself, which came as a disappointment to me.

I observed her as she was right in front of me. Her head reached out to my heart, her face looked pretty red because of the heat, and her hair was a bit messy which made a few hair strands come out. Still, she looked all cute and beautiful.

"Why you don't want to be my friend?" I asked her. I wanted to start everything afresh while it was getting difficult to even talk to her.

"Omg, Sir! I am just your junior, and I should respect you. How can we be friends, Sir?" she said with an annoying smile, whereas I stilled in my place.

She left me in my place and went ahead. I facepalmed myself and wondered what I should do to make things better, at least. I knew and was determined that nothing would be easy if I had to go back to her, but in the very first attempt..... she had asked me to get lost.

Only I know how my heart throbbed inside when I initiated the conversation. Only I know how my legs and hands shivered when I walked beside her and when I offered my hand to her. Thinking about it now, I wonder it's good that she didn't take my hand. Otherwise, she would have gotten to know about my quivering hands.

Since, I last met her in the hospital, I spent my time thinking about what I should do next. I don't know why and how I decided to make things right. Had I wanted to do so, I would have first told her all the truth about me, but something more is stopping me. Is she just feeling guilty for me? Nothing else? I don't know how I should put in words exactly, but I want to know that she missed me, that I am special for her, that she is waiting for me not only to say sorry. I am afraid that after she gets to know about me, she will get all awkward with me and will pretend as if she doesn't know me again. Once again. I don't want to face any kind of rejection again, but here, failure embraced me pretty tightly.