Chapter 21

Rohan Sarthak's POV:

A cool breeze is fanning my face at the shore in the evening. Not many people are present at the beach, which is making the atmosphere more peaceful.

Though the waves are inviting me to enjoy the moment with them, my whole attention is directed towards the beautiful person standing beside me. I continue gazing at her with full admiration and love. 

Unlike me, she is watching the sunset and is playing with the waves as they kept hitting her feet. She looked so graceful and elegant in a simple white shirt and blue jeans. 

She shut her eyes and inhaled the fresh breeze, which instantly brings an alluring smile to her lips. I suddenly felt the urge to hold her or at least grasp her hand and enjoy the moment with her.

Softly, I called her, "Tanvi."

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Who had the audacity to ruin my beautiful dream? I groaned in my sleep, still not wishing to wake up. Yet, I had to wake up and start my day as it was time for Dad to leave for his office so have to get up.

I immediately stopped the ringing of irritating alarm and opened my phone to check the notifications. I vaguely recalled my phone ringing at some time during night. I couldn't open my eyes at all as last night I had slept rather lately then my usual routine as I was badly determined to complete my Maths syllabus, and successfully I did complete it. After such a stressful day, I slept as soon as my body touched the bed, and I couldn't care about the world.

So, I finally checked my phone to find out who disturbed me in the middle of the night. As soon as I saw who called me, my eyes snapped wide out. She had called me at midnight. What happened? Why did she call me at such a late hour? 

Then I opened my WhatsApp to check whether she messaged me, and the notification which I saw made my jaw drop.

She had video called me.

May all the curses in the world fall on me. Why did I sleep so quickly yesterday? Why did I turn off my internet? But firstly, why did she call me?

Focus! Focus! I thought.

Then my eyes went to the following messages. 

Happy birthday? Did she think it's my birthday today? Was that the reason why she called me?

Ok! Let's call her back, I thought and dialed her number too but disconnected it before it could ring. She had video called me right? Couldn't I call her back in the same way? I smirked as this thought passed in my mind.

I tried to reach her through a video call with a glint of excitement shining in my eyes, but my exuberance faded away as she didn't answer my call.

I tried calling her normally too, but I got no response. Guess she was still sleeping as it was only 6:45 am in the morning.

Fine, I would first message her, apprising that it isn't my birthday. 

I went out to brush my teeth and check on my dad. As I went out, I saw him busy in making lunch for us. No matter how many things change in our lives, these basics won't ever, I thought and smiled to myself.

"Are you leaving early?" I asked him as he got ready even when there was still time.

"Yeah. Some pending work. Make sure you complete all the food before you go out." he said while stressing the 'go out' part. 

Well, I am going to school, certainly not for those revision classes, but only to catch a glimpse of her daily. Since I know who she is now, I go to my school to see her. I make sure to stand away from her so that she won't know my presence.

I observe her every evening as she goes back to her home, talks to her friends, laughs with them, and finally rides back on her cycle. I stay there until she disappears from my sight, and return back to only speak to her again.

I nodded my head, affirming that I would complete everything, unlike yesterday. As soon as he left home, my phone buzzed. A smile spread across my face as her name flashed on my phone.

I expected her to greet me back as soon as I said "Hello," but she remained calm. Finally, she asked me whether it is my birthday or not. I had already told her that it isn't. Why did she sound a bit worried?

Maybe she mistook me for someone else, I thought and told the same to her, and expecting her to reply, but she instantly ended the call.

Strange! She never ends the call like this, she always tells that she would call back. Maybe, she was in a hurry to call the person whose birthday it indeed is. Heaving a deep sigh, I began my day.

I ate my tiffin, freshened up, and opened my books. No matter how hard I tried to focus, my thoughts kept going back to her. I still laugh at her naivety from the day when she thought she had won the bet. She kept mocking me, cracked many jokes on me, and enjoyed her victory. She doesn't know that I know everything about her, including her Instagram ID. Though her account is private, the display picture is enough me to feel her near me. 

Finally, evening arrived which felt like an eternity. I started my journey to my school. On the way, my friend Ajay called me. Uff! I have to save a lot of energy.

"You a*****e." sudden aggression reached my ears.

"Don't shout, Ajay," I said slowly, walking.

"Really? Do you really expect me to be calm when you are ignored me completely as soon as you fell in love?" he blurted out all his anger.

Of course, I have to admit that I hadn't been in touch with him ever since she entered my life. Before her, Ajay was the only person besides my father with whom I can talk any time, but now my preferences had changed.

"We talked two days before only bae?" I reasoned.

Till the time I reached the school we both argued. Actually, I tried to calm him down, and fortunately, he did.

"So, how long will this black and white movie continue? When will you meet her, and when will I?" he asked me impatiently.  Ever since I told him what all happened, he kept asking me tell everything about her. I felt a bit possessive to share all her details, so I just said a few things about her.

"Firstly, let me meet her, then you can also meet her," I said.

"Fine. So, at least today, give your friend some time you dog," he asked me.

I agreed instantly, but ended the call as students started coming out from the gate. He cursed me again, but I couldn't care at the moment. I waited there impatiently for her to come out, tapping my feet on the road, but to my utter disappointment I couldn't spot her. Did she come to school today? I was not sure but chose to wait for a bit more time.

After everyone left, the place became isolated, and I returned back home. On my way back, I recalled Ajay's words. He is true. Till when we will behave like this? Till when will we continue this black and white movie?

Though I told her that I would wait for her, it's getting tough now. Maybe, I should ask her to meet me.

I called her as soon as I reached home. She must be at home as I didn't see her at school. The phone kept ringing, but she didn't answer it. I tried again, but now, it was switched off .

I sighed, wondering when I would be able to meet her directly. I called Ajay again so as to not anger him more, and we talked a lot, mostly him teasing me and cracking jokes on me.

Finally, I changed his mind, and we discussed about our exams and the entrance tests which we both want to appear in so that we can be together in our university.

New chapter after a week.

Hope everyone enjoyed it and none got too bored.

Please Vote, Share and Comment.

Thankyou.