Chapter 11

Tanvi's POV:

"Couldn't you come a bit early?" I shouted on Sam out of frustration. She stood at the entrance, bewildered.

"What happened?" she asked me calmly.

"Many things happened in your absence, and you came now," I am angry on her. I just want to shout at someone, and unfortunately, she was the 1st person who came in front of me, and she had to face my wrath.

I guess I was a bit too rude towards her. She didn't utter a word and silently stepped inside my house. I felt guilty for screaming at her. I shut the door and went back. I saw her taking a water bottle from the fridge and gulp half of the bottle. I went towards her smiled sheepishly. She ignored me and sat on the sofa.

I followed her blindly and sat beside her. She was not doing anything or asking anything, and I didn't know how to strike a conversation.

"I am sorry, Sam," I said with full sorrow and regret.

"Don't be," she said grimly.

"Arey, I am sorry, yaar. I didn't mean to shout at you. I am just exasperated with myself, and you came at the same time, and I showed it on you. I am really sorry."

"Yeah, of course. I am a doll or a puppet, right? Anyone can empty their anger on me, and I must be silent, right?" She got up from the sofa and roared at me.

That's it. I understood that something was wrong with Sam. Someone must have said something mean to her, and I have added fuel to the fire.

"Sam, what happened? Tell me." I said, trying to comfort her.

"Don't be nice to me, ok? I am even fed up with you. I have had enough of constant comparison with you from the teachers, my mom, and all, but they don't know that you take other's numbers and call them and play with their feelings. You appear all good outside but you are the most CUNNING PERSON," she yelled at me again.

To say I was heartbroken would be understatement. My best friend was accusing me, slandering my character and blaming me for everything. I know that she has been fed up with the comparison and partiality displayed towards me by everyone, including her own parents, but I never asked for it. Who knows better than her how much I hate that stuff, but she was accusing me.

I sat there silently. Tears flowed down my eyes. I didn't know what to say or what to ask. Even she was silent and still standing in front of me. I wiped my tears and went into kitchen. I didn't know why I went there, but the silence between us made the air suffocating. 

After some time, when my tears dried up, I went to the hall. She was seemingly more peaceful than before and didn't seem furious anymore.

As I approached her, she turned her head and stared at me. I didn't say anything and sat on the opposite sofa. I expected her to say something, but she didn't said anything. I guess she expecting the same from me.

Finally, I decided to break the ice between us, and asked her, "Do you want to tell me what happened?"

She sighed, and turned to me and said, "My mom scolded me for enrolling myself in the sports tourney, and you know the rest of the dialogues."

Well, yes, I know the rest of the dialogues. 

Aunty must have said, 'Can't you just study like Tanvi instead of wasting your time in these games.' or 'This the reason why you are not getting a good percentage like Tanvi' and etc.

Man! I wonder why people can't accept their child's wishes. Why do they only want their children to study? Studies alone can never help a person succeed in their life. If a person is truly passionate about their dream, then the little support their loved ones give them will be the source of all the strength they would ever need. Unfortunately, there are very few people who support their kids or their loved ones and encourage them to achieve their dreams.