Chapter 10

Rohan Sarthak's POV:

"I disagree with this deal or bet or anything," she said.

I could hear the panic in her voice. I think her bulb must have glinted now, and she fell for my ploy again, but I want to see what she has to say, so I asked her curiously, "Why?".

"This is one of your other tricks, and I don't want to fall for it," she rambled at a furious pace.

That was it. I couldn't control my sniggers after listening to her. I was laughing heartily after a long time. I don't know what she looks like, but I am sure she must have been tugging at her hair in madness. 

"Ok, ok, you are doing this to exact revenge on me for laughing at you before. Stop it now," she said, infuriated. Yes, indeed, this was tit for tat.

"Ok, I will stop, but we will not go back on this deal. You have already agreed, and that's final. If you don't agree then I will directly complain to principal the next day. So, I suggest you to agree to this, and if I can't find you, I will not complain to anyone. It is your choice now," I said with conviction as I was quite sure she would agree to this if she really had some brain.

"You are an evil jerk," she said in a low voice as though accepting her defeat. 

But seriously, I am an evil jerk? No one has ever called me that, not even my parents till date and there is this girl, whom I don't even know, who was throwing tantrums at me. Funny girl!

"I'll take that as yes to this agreement. Bye for now and prepare yourself to get caught by me," I said it to ridicule her and cut off the call.

I had been talking to her for more than an hour. Of course, she once disconnected the call, the call recording stopped too. I didn't even complete my lunch and kept taking to her.

But all this time, a smirk was etched on my face, and I didn't know why I was feeling so happy. These past 2 years, I had always been silent, I never shared any of my feelings with anyone, not even with Dad at times. I always remained calm and steadfast, but now, the so called deal was a terrible blackmail ploy I had used to deceive her.

Suddenly, I felt someone's presence in the hall. I turned around from the dining table to see who was there and I saw Dad. Had Dad been here all this time? Man, I screwed it up again!

I immediately shut my eyes in embarrassment and had no excuse to give to him. Curse me that I got so much involved in the call that I didn't even felt his presence. I slowly opened my eyes and looked at him. He is still in the same position, and there was no expression on his face. He stood there still. 

I clenched my teeth, showing him all my 28 teeth, and he, too, smiled at me in awkwardness. 

"When did you....come dad?" I asked him, stuttering.

"I guess right before you began to laugh so freely. " he said.

Shit! He must have heard everything and observed all my reactions. Again it was because of that girl. She had literally turned my life upside down ever since I began talking to her.

"I am sorry, I didn't notice you," I said, apologizing to him for my negligence.

"Thanks to that, I saw my son looking happy," he said and smiled.

I don't know how to reply to that. I just asked him, "Did you eat?"

"I did, but you still haven't completed your food," he said and pointed his hand towards my plate. It still has some rice and a bit if curry, which I hadn't finished. While talking to her, I kept on drawing some patterns on my plate.