Chapter 12

Rohan Sarthak's POV:

Finally, it's New Year's Eve. Within a few hours, we will enter a new year, that is, January 1st. Well, I know every year we get to see Jan 1st, but this time this date means I have to start searching for that girl. 

Yeah, unfortunately, I am still thinking about her, and you know what's more disturbing is? Neither did she call me in the last two days nor messaged me. I assumed she would disturb me again, but not getting any further response or information from her has been troubling me more.

I know I wished she should never call me again, but things got complicated. Whenever my phone buzzed, I expected a call from that 'Tan Theta'. That's the name I saved in my contacts so that I can see her WhatsApp DP, but it showed a white rose, that's it. 

So, I am practically digesting the fact that she must have fathomed that this was a stupid thing to do and would not call me. But I was on my guard. I had observed many junior girls in these two days. Of course, I didn't go any of them and maintained a safe distance before checking whether anyone was looking at me or not. But all of it was to no avail.

Even if I were to muster up my courage to go and ask someone, I always got scared after watching them standing in groups. Everywhere, there were at least three to four girls standing as a group and always talking, giggling, gossiping. Ugh! Girls!

And on rare occasions when I see a girl alone, she would go to washroom and not return until the bell rings. I wonder what is there in that room. Anyway, I am convinced that I would never find her and she would never call me.

But my miseries don't end there. Ever since I told my Dad everything that had transpired, he has been behaving very differently. Earlier, he used to ask about my day, but now he asks whether I got to know anything about her, whether she called me, and other things.

At the moment, I am waiting for my Dad to return home. He said he will bring the cake and we would cut it, similar to what we did before. I am changing channels, watching celebrations in other countries as they welcome the new year with fireworks and merriment.

Finally, I heard a knock on the door and went to receive Dad. As soon as I opened the door I saw my dad holding a bottle inside a big black cover, and not a cake. I looked at him in surprise, and he smirked at me. He passed by me, and I followed him to the dining table. 

When I was about to ask him about the cake, he loosened the cover and took out a bottle of wine. My eyes widened as soon as my gaze fell on it. It felt like an imported one, and it was my 1st time seeing a wine bottle. I looked at him in shock and bewilderment.

"Dad, where is the cake?" I asked him confusion.

"Every year, we cut a cake right? This time, let's have something different," he said it with a huge smile on his face.

"Are you saying that.....you and I......" I was feeling this a bit awkward. In the movies, we see this kind of relationship between fathers and sons, and now being in the similar situation, it was making me feel uncomfortable. That didn't mean Dad and I don't have a pleasant relationship. It's just that I was unable to digest these sudden improvements.

Dad looked at me with a raised eyebrows and was expecting me to finish my sentence, but I just smiled sheepishly.

"Well, Rohan, it's your wish. If you want to have a drink with me, you can, and you are already an adult. At the same time, if you don't want, to then no one can force you," he said to me.

I just gaped at him for a while and thought of not consuming it, at least not now. A part of my mind and heart is tempted to taste it, but I suppressed it. Meanwhile, my Dad bought a glass for himself and sat near the table before opening the bottle. All the time, I was looking at him curiously and what he is doing and how will he drink it. I never knew he had this habit till now.