Chapter 17

Tanvi's POV:

Ring. Ring. Ring.

Sam was not answering the call. I had been trying to reach her for almost 15 minutes. I was ready for the big day, the farewell day of our seniors, but where was she?

We were requested to come faster than our usual time, and I was waiting for Sam's response, so that we can go together, but she was not answering the call.

I sighed as the call ended again. This was the 3rd time I was calling her and receiving no response. I finally decided to head towards the school. Thankfully, Dad would would be dropping me off to school.

Before leaving my room, I checked myself out in the mirror, whether I am looking good or not. Not bad! I wondered how I was going to carry this heavy Ghagra the whole time. It was my mistake to suggest that anchors will wear Ghagras, and now I was the one struggling with this.

I went out from my room and Mom peered at me and said, "You are looking very beautiful".

Wow! It has been a while since my mom praised me. I smiled at her comment and waited for Dad to come out of his room. Once he was in front of me, even he complimented me and we headed our journey.

On my way to my school, many of my friends already messaged me, asking me about my whereabouts. Amidst all those messages, I saw Sam's message saying she would be late. Stupid! she is always late.

Finally, I reached the school by 7:40. Scurrying to the conference room, I saw all my batchmates present there only. By the time I made my way into the room everyone were turning all around the room. Some are busy blowing air into the balloons, while others were sticking those balloons on walls and the stage. Some were hanging ribbons attached with cardboard pieces, cut out into shapes of different emojis, while some were busy rehearsing their dance movements. For a moment, it felt like a marriage function.

Hurrying towards my co-anchor, who was busy rearranging the papers in her hand at that time. I went near her and greeted before beginning to go over the last moment rechecking. In between, we cursed our teachers as well as the principal since they left everything on us and asked us to do everything. They only took the responsibility of lunch, that's it. 

I don't know how much time went by. I had given my phone to a member of dance committee as they needed it for playing some songs. I didn't even know what happened to Sam. Neither had she has arrived nor had her mother reached. Wonder what was taking her so long and why she hadn't enrolled in any event. Have to talk to her today.

By the time my co anchor and I decided to take a bit rest, a few seniors have already arrived. God! There was still time for the party, right? Why did they came so fast? I guess they wanted to leave this school as fast as they could and hence were too ebullient about the party. Then a few boys from our batch went out and asked them to wait for a while, and luckily, they listened to us and didn't bother us. But some teachers barged inside the room and ordered all of us to finish the pending work quickly. 

That's it, everyone donned their hyper active button and started working with utmost dedication. I, along with other co anchor and coordinators, went in too and helped the boys who were busy arranging the chairs and balloons. All this while, many boys flirted with other girls and me while the silent ones sang the praises for them. I only thought about how Rohan would react to me. Of course, he doesn't know what I look like, but he will see me today. Will he spare a glance at me? Let's see.

We were moving all around room without any tiredness. Before planning the event, we thought that this room would be spacious enough for us to decorate many things inside it, but now after arranging the chairs and the balloons, it felt like no space is left. Every corner was occupied.