-: 63 :-

"Jeon Jungkook."

The named man froze in his spot just inside the doorway as he saw two woman and the infamous Bang Si-Hyuk sitting with them at the long table.

"I thought we said Taehyung...?" He heard the elegant woman murmur to the bigger man.

The second woman, younger looking and dressed fashionably without a hint of designer clothing, stood and smiled at Jungkook, making him loosen from his taunt state.

"Oh, you are a beauty." She put a hand on his shoulder and the photographer flushed as she gazed at his appearance. "Taehyung sure does pick well."

"Quite inappropriate." Taehyung's manager grumbled, brushing passed them to take a seat.

"Ignore that grumpy man." She picked at some lose strand of his hair and Jungkook almost stepped away before it hit him.

"You're his stylist."

"Bingo." She pulled her hand away and gestured for the seats. "And you're his... special someone. Please join us, Jungkook."

"I-I know I shouldn't be here." Jungkook defended himself from the confused stares of the upper two managers, the lady beside him coming into recognition of his memory.

Lee Sunmi. She was the modeling departments' head director. Anyone with a brain and foot in the modeling world knew her.

Oh, he was quite possibly screwed.

"Yes, you shouldn't be here," Bang Si-Hyuk nodded, glancing at Taehyung's manager. "Can I ask why you are?"

"Taking his place, and— uh— he was having a good day and I didn't want him to ruin it with worrying—" he sounded so dumb saying it aloud. Shit. Jungkook's head fell as he stood by a cushioned chair, hands at his side. "I'm sorry."

"Sit." Sunmi clicked her pen and he gazed up to find her scanning through her binder.

"Ma'am?"

"We'd all like to go home and if Taehyung's having a good day, then I guess we shouldn't ruin it, right? Even with good news?"

The condescending tone rattled Jungkook, making tears flick to the back of his eyes as he numbly pulled the chair out and sat down, stunned into silence.

All he'd wanted was to help the model.

Taehyung's stylist shifted closer to him and she felt her comforting hand on his forearm. It helped him blink away his tears and look up, shooting her a grateful smile.

"Seeing as he isn't here to receive this directly," Bang Si-Hyuk sighed. "We should thank you for some things, Jungkook. The night of the gala."

"That was nothing, he called me first actually—"

"You know we have been keeping track of you by Taehyung's request." Sunmi continued and the photographer was put off by her frustrated tone. What had he done? To any of them, as a matter of fact, for them to be so frustrated with his presence? "To ensure Park Bogum brings you both no harm— however watching you contradicts company legality."

"I would never wish for you to illegally keep tabs." Jungkook frowned. Had Taehyung mentioned that part? BigHit illegally ensuring his safety. Now that he thought about it, it surely was illegal. They didn't have plausible reasons to secure a random citizen. Bogum was directly associated with the company through restraining orders and previous issues.

"We really can't even be bothered about that anymore." Sunmi stacked papers together. It looked like old files, dated some years back in the corner. "We've already done more illegal things that are more important than tracking you."