-: 10 :-

v_95✔️ sent you a message
Open?
yes | no

v_95
hello, this is v from bighit labels :) I just wanted to let you know you're very talented, your shots are beautiful!

Jungkook nearly screamed again, breath leaving his chest in a flurry of shock. He gaped at the screen, blinking as if it were all a dream and he was trying to wake up. Past the sudden surprise, though, was amusement that a model scoring over seventeen million followers thought Jungkook didn't know who he was— it was endearing.

Still, Kim Taehyung was anything but cute; as Jungkook had learned the hard way after being left to die over his devilishly handsome appearance countless times.

He'd give anything to have a shoot with the Model Prince of Korea.

Squealing and jumping to his feet, the younger raced out of the living room to go knock down his best friend's bedroom door. His excitement poured out into the rapid cluster of steps hitting the wood floors, the stupidly adorable smile unwavering on his face.

"Open up!" He pleaded, pounding a fist against the thin barrier with urgency.

"Why the hell are you yelling?" Jimin exclaimed as the door ripped open to reveal his presence. His eyes dark widened as he took in the panicked state of the younger. "Uh oh, what happened now?"

"Jimin," Jungkook cried, holding up his phone for him to understand the 'severity' of the situation. "What do I do?"

The elder's jaw slackened as he saw the verified username displayed on the screen, the introduction of a message painted below it. His eyes flicked between both the phone and Jungkook before he went berserk.

"HE SENT THAT FIVE MINUTES AGO AND YOU HAVEN'T REPLIED?"

"I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY!"

"JUNGKOOK!" Jimin groaned before grabbing the phone and hastily looking over at it more clearly. Jungkook watched with riled anxiousness as the elder looked back at him, biting his finger nail nervously. "Okay, well at least tell him thank you."

"You do it for me!" He fumbled out, trembling like a teenager getting told their crush liked them. It was nothing of the sort; Kim Taehyung was an extremely famous celebrity that was appreciating his work. That alone was such an achievement for the younger, he was filled with gratitude he didn't think he deserved.

He just felt lucky.

"No," Jimin placed the device back in the ravenette's sweaty palm, making Jungkook's face fall. "You can type it! Don't be so nervous, you just have to thank him, Kookie!"

"So much easier said than done," the younger sniffed, but his fingers hovered over the keyboard taunting him. He had to word the message right. He couldn't come across like a crazy fan of Taehyung's, but he didn't want to be so professional he came across as cold and unappreciative.

jjungkookie
of course I know who you are!

jjungkookie
I'm a big fan of your modeling and grateful for the praise, thank you so much V!

What he wasn't expecting was a reply to come as soon as it did. He had thought the elder would have lost his message in the million of others he must have received on a daily bases, but that didn't seem to be the case.

Jungkook couldn't help the insufferable smile that quirked his lips, shuffling away from Jimin's bedroom doorway— much to the elder's confusion— completely in a daze that he was conversing with someone who had inspired him to get behind a camera.

v_95
how sweet🤍 you sure do deserve it jungkook

v_95
is it alright if I call you that? please call me taehyung

jjungkookie
yes of course call me whatever you'd like haha

jjungkookie
sorry that was weird this is just a little crazy if I'm going to be honest taehyung

jjungkookie
I'd never imagine you actually talking to me, I guess I should have met up with jackson much sooner!

v_95
maybe you should have, I would have found you much sooner

v_95
I hope to see some more of your work soon jungkook :)

Taehyung was smiling to himself as he closed out of the app and looked up at himself in the dressing room's mirror, the bright lights wrapped around the trim of the reflective surface washing out any shadows on his flawless face.

The curvature of his lips fell twice as quickly as it had risen as he scrutinized the features that others fancied so much.

The angular shape of his face above his smooth broad neck, one that accentuated his sharp jawline, trailing to his decorated ears hooded under his permed strands of luscious black hair, the natural tan glow he radiated that was often blurred of its color for korean norms, the familiar shape of his lips that gave him his signature intimidating appearance, the straight slope of his nose that led to his intense different eyes. The long lashes that fluttered with his heavy knife-like gaze chilled some and awed others.

And while he was so sought after, he himself couldn't find such worth in his own existence.

Without the ability to look at himself for long, his gaze shifted back down to his lap— where his personal phone sat idly— awaiting his stylist noona to get him ready for his second shoot of the day.

He toyed with the handheld device that he'd used moments ago.

Maybe it was selfish, but he found it ever refreshing to interact with someone out of the limelight. Truth be told, he wasn't certain that this Jungkook boy's calmness perceived over the messages was a replication of his actual emotions. He also wasn't certain who the boy was, unable to find a physical image to attach to the name other than his profile picture— which didn't serve much. It posed a possible danger, but he trusted Jackson and how highly he spoke of the younger photographer from Busan. Besides, first impressions were vital and Jungkook's seemed incredible.

Talking to someone about themselves and not his own success or struggle was like a breath of fresh air against the toxic smoke of the celebrity realm.

It was always about the invincible image he portrayed, the smile he hadn't been able to keep playing— which he knew his fans were beginning to notice— and the perfect life he made himself seem to have as the celebrity prince of South Korea.

He gazed at his phone with the sad smile.

Maybe it was hopeless, maybe he too should hope less, but...

Taehyung prayed he'd be talking to Jungkook again, even just a hello, for another vital breath of normality.

He was sure it wouldn't meet much objection.

thoughts on the first 'wordy' chapter?