-: 74 :-

"Tell us about the project, V," Young K said into his standing microphone. Taehyung heard him clear through the headphones engulfing his ears.

The plush chair cushioned him well as he leaned against the table, gazing at the equipment scattered around, most attention reserved for the expensive microphones catching their voices on the broadcast.

"Well, BH4 was about diversifying the interests of the departments. So, taking the best of the three main branches, dance, music and modeling, brought myself, Seokjin, J-Hope, and Suga together." Taehyung answered routinely.

"You're all friends outside of work, aren't you?" There were people outside of the recording studio running the equipment and regulating the machines to ensure the live radio call was successful.

"They're the closest friends I have in the industry." Taehyung nodded. "I can't speak much for their own challenges with the project, but as we know, I dived into music."

"Yes, yes," Young K encouraged. "Tell me about that. Your first dip in the music industry if I'm not wrong?"

"First time. It was incredibly challenging, a good challenging. Suga and Adora were my mentors with it. Suga produced the song with my lyrics and story."

He smiled at the appreciative look on the radio host's face. "The lyrics are extremely touching. Fans have taken great comfort in them. What inspired them?"

"Ah, that's a who, not a what." The model chuckled generously for the microphone to pick up.

"As I have heard, Jeon Jungkook is his name?" Taehyung's heard jumped at the mention of the name. "The Busan Photographer has stolen our Celebrity Prince's heart."

The model shoved his hurling warmth down, steadying his appearance. "We are good friends."

"Friends?"

"Hmm."

"Alright, well your fans still wonder what your explanation for the story of two ships in the night is."

"The common 'right person, wrong time' explanation for any kind of relationship falling out." Taehyung picked his words carefully. He had to play safe cards. "During the time I wrote the lyrics, I was in the midst of that. Ships at night meet for a brief moment before the night cloaks them back into solidarity once their paths have crossed."

"So what was the cloak of night for you and Jungkook?"

"No one's flawless," Taehyung tapped fingers on his leg, pausing the dig them into his skin. "We do what we think is right, and sometimes we are wrong. It's good to be wrong, too. You learn never to make the same mistake again."

"Wow, you heard it here, even though it's hard to believe, our V isn't perfect! You said you wrote the lyrics during some conflict in the past. Where do you stand on that mindset now?"

"I think of it as the ships' second journey. But instead of crossing paths, they are set for the same destination. They won't have to leave each other's sides a second time."

"It's incredible that your first song shows such a wonderful story, V, thank you for sharing." Young K clapped his hands excitedly. "How was the recording studio and the making process? I live in a studio, but tell me how it was being the one handling the equipment."

"Like I mentioned earlier, Adora and Suga guided me through that." Taehyung felt his chest ease without guarded responses. "The project was accomplished alongside our usual work, so I had to record a lot in short amount of times. Adora helped me with good technique so I didn't strain my voice."

"Care to give us some of those vocal secrets?"

"No secrets, it's common knowledge with singers, actually." They shared a small smile. "Warming up properly, just like participating in sports, so you don't hurt your vocal chords. My voice is on the breathy side, so making sure I didn't fall flat at the low parts was important."