-: 56 :-

"There's not a lot of fans," Jungkook frowned, face nearly touching the cool glass of the car, evening taking ahold of the hours and darkening his view. "Not as many as usual when I see clips of you leaving the building."

"This isn't in my planned schedule." Taehyung shrugged and bit back his smile. Like he had been all evening. It was as though it'd been locked away for so long, it wouldn't stop until it made up for the lost time.

The photographer shifted back in his seat, sinking into the fine leather or the vehicle as he felt Taehyung's gaze trained on him.

Rather shamelessly.

God, he hated feelings. Hated having them unreciprocated.

He'd been in relationships before, just here and there— without much struggle of getting someone to like him back— but Taehyung was definitely not like any other of his past crushes. He hadn't been in any after school; in the real world, relationships were suddenly so much more mature and serious.

"So, um..." Jungkook fiddled with the hem of his baggy hoodie, hands resting in his lap as the dark interior of the car shrunk the space. "What's this surprise?"

"Why do people ask that?" Taehyung chuckled, the sound rich and warm. The male was exactly that. Rich, for obvious reasons, but also warm. Warm in his words, in the way he made Jungkook's heart fuzzy and swell, in the gentleness of his arms whenever they wrapped around him in a hug. "It's not like I'm going to ruin it and tell you."

"I'm not the biggest fan of surprises." The younger tested the waters, tried seeing if he could pry any hints into the man seated so perfectly beside him, legs spread every so slightly, arm propped up on the window ledge.

He was just two hours into his realization and already so bothered.

"Why's that? Haven't had any good ones?"

"No, I have." He said quickly, voice swooping down to some mumble. "Just like being in control. I like having a hold on things in my life. Surprises throw that out of the window."

"Control? You like being in control?"

He would have been a fool not to hear the amusement tainting the innocent clarification.

Taehyung was hiding his curved lips behind a hand, eyes narrowing with some form of laughter behind muffled.

Jungkook didn't want to imagine the color of his ears as he ripped his gaze down into his lap, gulping hard and nodding.

The model was making everything so difficult.

"That's cute."

Fuck.

The photographer ran a hand down his face and ignored Taehyung for a moment. Taehyung was so uncontrollable. Maybe that's why Jungkook secretly loved his presence. He just got to flow with the elder's choices.

It wasn't usually him taking initiative with the model.

Taehyung was in control. That didn't happen often for the man either. They truly were such opposites that it gave them a breath of fresh air in the constant cycle of their lives.

"It'll be a good surprise, not too big or anything, just... something I remembered." The model rested a hand on his forearm, the younger tensing as the long fingers almost grazed his thigh underneath.

"I know, I trust you." The photographer took a deep breath and shifted his hand up to catch Taehyung's fingers in his. A brave move. But, holding hands was something Taehyung had shown a great openness to.