-: 90 :-

The statement was released the next day.

International media erupted like the greatest volcanic disaster in all of history, some fans feeling guilty for never realizing Taehyung was going through a second hit from Bogum past social media, others rejoiced that Bogum was finally put away after the initial shock.

Some fans, Bogum's, were enraged at the charges— though, those numbers were small. BigHit handled any threats and his security with getting around for work.

Those who were indifferent, took the empathetic route and supported Taehyung, encouraging his strength.

In all, it was in his favor. The positive returns made the whole thing feel helpful. It made Taehyung feel better about everything around him. Almost giddy-like.

But Taehyung stayed away from the news and let his manager inform him of major events. It was best not to overwhelm himself with all the reactions. Keep it silent and professional until it died enough to slip back into his online presence.

He wanted to enjoy the holidays with his friends anyway. He wasn't allowing anything to ruin it. Especially not ruin a thing for Jungkook.

Taehyung's celebrity friends were contacting him. He met Hyungsik in person, knowing that he deserved to give the man that much when he'd done the favor of getting coffee for the cameras just weeks after the Gala.

"Taehyung," Hyungsik rushed down the hall and grabbed his arms, gazing at him with both concern and anger. "Shit, I can't believe— You should have told me."

"I know, I know," he blabbered, pulling the close friend into his arms. He was thankful for the empty halls of meeting hours. "I'm sorry I didn't, Hyung. It's over now, though, so it's all okay."

"To be honest, it's probably a good thing you didn't tell me or I'd go kick down the bastard's door before the trial ever happened." Taehyung shook his heads at the words, Hyungsik looking like he was anything but joking. "I'm glad you're okay now. Are you good?"

"I'm good." He confirmed. "It's been good reception, just a lot of it. And I've had a lot of help."

"I'm glad, Tae." The actor took his arm and led him down the hall towards the canteen of BigHit's building. "You tricked me with that coffee meet. Told me the gala went fantastic."

"You always did say I was a great actor." He turned it lighthearted for the sake of his own self. Hyungsik threw him a look that made him laugh. "Come on, why would I want to worry you?"

"I know you'd never worry me because you're you." The elder sighed and forced him into a seat before taking his own. He turned to the security that had been trailing them and asked the formally dressed man to get them some tea.

With a bow and retreat, the security left them alone.

"I think it's just good to leave it," Taehyung shrugged. "It's done. I'm happy."

"Happiness is what you deserve, Tae."

And Hyungsik had helped him so much after the first incident, scoring him a role in Hwarang to help get his positive reputation and work going again. Hyungsik served as a witness at his first trial.

"Thank you. For everything since we became friends." Taehyung stressed. "I've never given you as much appreciation as you deserve for all you've done."

"I don't need it." The elder waved off, a small smile on his lips. "As long as you don't lie to me when you're in trouble, okay?"

"I'll try."

"Oh, please—"

Taehyung chuckled and patted his arm, nodding at his security gratefully when the two mugs of tea were brought over.