-: 100 :-

"Tae?"

Taehyung whipped around from his spot crouched by the suitcase, furrowed brows softening as Jungkook rubbed his tired eyes and flopped back into the bed.

"Morning, angel." He found the pair of socks buried in one of the pockets and quickly slipped them as he headed to the bed, stumbling and nearly slipping. "You okay?"

"It's so fucking cold." Jungkook pulled the covers closer around him and curled his knees to his chest. Taehyung laughed and reached for the extra blanket at the foot of the bed, dragging it up and adding another layer on top of the younger. Jungkook sighed and reached a hand out for his.

"It's the middle of winter, Koo, of course it's a bit cold." He kissed the hand in his and sat on the covers. "Did you sleep okay at least?"

"I slept fine, just feel like Captain America stuck in ice now." He grumbled and Taehyung gave in to the growing temptation to provide the younger more warmth. He tugged on the covers, Jungkook fighting against him until he began sliding into them. "What— Tae, it's okay, you already showered."

"Don't care." He mumbled, his sweater clad arms wrapping around Jungkook and pulling him close. Jungkook's hands were chilled and Taehyung squished them between their chests, tangling his legs with the younger's shivering ones. "Better?"

Jungkook nodded and whispered a small 'thank you' before they let their tangled limbs relax. Taehyung hummed a familiar melody under his breath, combing warm fingers through Jungkook's hair. Jungkook's soft steady breath was splaying on his collarbone, Taehyung waiting until the boy stopped subtly trembling before kissing his head and shifting to look at him.

"We're going out today so you should get ready, Jungkook." He smiled apologetically, the unintentional doe effect of his wide eyes peering up at him sad. "I want to show you around. We've been meeting people the past couple of days so my mom said she'll look after Tannie so we can go out alone."

"I remember." The younger groaned as he rolled onto his back and stretched. Taehyung sat up with him and Jungkook kissed his cheek. "Thanks for the cuddles. I'll go shower."

"Alright, I'll be downstairs."

Taehyung left the guest room and shut the door, leaving Jungkook for some time and skipping down the main steps. The kitchen was already in use, the sound of sizzling pans and clattering dishes clear in his ears.

"Eomma," he greeted, kissing her head as she hugged him good morning. "Are these the leftovers from yesterday? Jungkook and I were going out for food."

"Well, your father and I have to eat." She tutted.

His mother had called over their close family friends, hosted a dinner to invite Taehyung home properly after the unexpected drop in. Taehyung had enjoyed meeting people he'd seen since he was a kid after years. Most of them hadn't changed, not the aunts and uncles at least. There was a girl he remembered to be a toddler when he was in high school who was now a teenager herself. It was astonishing how much time had flown by.

And they treated him like he was a son who'd been abroad, rather than a news regular living luxuriously in the country's capital.

Jungkook, who wasn't as fond of such gatherings, as Taehyung knew, was in and out. People were kind with interacting with him, but it was clear he felt some disconnect being a stranger.