2 : Never be the same

II.

"Y/N I'm not sure..." Seulgi tried to interject.

"Seul, what else can I do?"Y/N sighed over the phone.
She had managed to get a few moments to herself on the balcony of their hotel in New-York and had stayed up just long enough to catch Seulgi on the phone, even with the time difference.

"That video is all over the internet."Y/N re-asserted. "They're going to get so much bad press if I stay with them. The sooner I leave, the sooner people will forget and let it go."

Seulgi scoffed on the other line, as Y/N leaned against the railing of her room balcony, staring into the distance.

"So she yells at you and you have to switch jobs? Do you realize how this sounds right now, Y/N? I can't believe that their reputation is the thing you're thinking of first."

Y/N clenched her teeth.
She knew what Seulgi was getting at. And maybe she was right.

But there was no other option in Y/N's mind, she had run through all the scenarios in her head. Things had been gradually getting worse between her and Roseanne for the past weeks, one of them starting an argument every second they had alone, and Y/N just couldn't hold on to the hope of things going back the way they once were anymore.
Everything had culminated into one of their, if not the biggest, fight they'd ever had, a few days ago.

Y/N was chatting with Lisa as she waited for the others to finish or get ready for their solo performances. They were backstage, not particularly in a good mood, but Lisa especially was very sore and tired in between performances. And so Y/N was giving her water in little sips and massaging her shoulders, trying to keep Lisa on top of her game.

She also tried to chat about the idlest things they could, and joke around together because she knew how much Lisa needed the stress relief.

Especially once they had learned how much brand promoting she would have to do in Korea after the tour.

The other girls had ended up coming back around, and Y/N urged Lisa to join them for a wardrobe change, not without receiving a side hug from the Thai girl as thanks, and a wink.

If looks could kill Y/N would've died on the spot, because Chaeyoung looked like she would murder her instantly if not for her bandmates.

They froze looking at each other for a while, Chaeyoung sweaty from their dancing and singing, Y/N dumbfounded on her sitting spot, feeling the weight of Chaeyoung's judgment even more because she was towering over her.

Jisoo broke the silence.

"Y/N, I heard manager Lee was calling for you earlier."She informed her with a pat on the shoulder and an empathetic smile.

Y/N nodded, getting out of her trance as Lisa took Rosé's hand in direction of their changing rooms, without a word.

Jennie stepped closer as Y/N rose from her seat, checking her phone to see if manager Lee had called.

"Is everything going to be okay for you girls?"She inquired, her brow furrowed.

She wasn't used to leaving the girls' side anymore and knew they liked having her around as a reassurance thing even when she didn't technically have anything to do for them.

Jennie nodded.

"Don't worry," Jisoo assured her with a thumbs up.

"Are you okay?"Jennie asked suddenly.