19: With a little help from a friend

XIX

"Unnie, aren't you afraid sometimes?"

Jennie's eyes left her phone screen and her brown doe-eyes widened shortly before looking at her friend with an unimpressed gaze.

"Of what Rosie? We're literally having a coffee in our company building. What would I be afraid of?"

The red-haired idol in front of her visibly shifted in her seat in embarrassment.

She looked around them in the cafeteria, not that many people chilling in it in the late afternoon.

"No, not that, I mean. Living your life..." The idol trailed off, her gaze falling on the table.

Jennie put her cellphone down on the table with a small thudding sound, on its back.

"You mean dating?"She asked with a raised brow.

The younger girl nodded.

"I mean..."Jennie sighed and paused, thinking to herself.

"Everybody does it, we just have to be careful.

-That wasn't really my question, Jen."Rosé remarked.

Jennie took a sip of her coffee, eyeing her friend up and down.

"Sure I get scared. Sometimes I have nightmares that Manager Lee catches me with Lisa and her hands in my pants."The girl scoffed at the thought, amused but in disbelief of her own imagination.

"But," She shrugged, "that's just a part of life."

Rosé looked at her friend in admiration.

It wasn't the lack of anxiety or mental health issues that made Jennie Kim so confident, she knew. It was a sharp trait of her character and personality, bold and unmistakably herself because she simply didn't know how to hide it.

How Rosé wished she could be like that sometimes.

"If you want Y/N you should just have your way."Jennie's voice interrupted her trail of thoughts.

Making her blush and stutter.

"I...hum...why...Is it that obvious?"

Jennie didn't even grace her with a response, instead rolled her eyes with a friendly smile.

"Believe me, Rosie, 10 years down the row, when all we have left are our weak ass bones and shitty health from being worked to the bone, you'll be glad you haven't at least given ALL your youth away for the old man," Jennie said somberly, referring to YG.

Rosé's heart dropped at the thought, she knew she was right. Would Y/N still want her then? Older, not famous, health issues caused by the years of intense training, dieting, and crushing lifestyle imposed on idols? The perspective made Rosé shiver, and her eyes watery. She felt Jennie's reassuring hand brushing her bare arm.

"I'm not saying this to upset you. And I'm not breaking news to you either," Jennie said softly, "I just want you to be happy. If that's something you can get for yourself right now, then do it. Consequences later."She advised.

Rosé nodded as she stared into Jennie's kind brown eyes.

She thought about how she had spent her off day the previous week, with Y/N, more naked than not, and wondered how easy it had been for Jennie to catch on.

"I guess I should ask her on a date."Rosé smiled timidly, candidly, and Jennie's smile matched hers soon enough, eager for her friend to take her freedom.