26: Show must go on

XXVI.

"Hey, Seulgi."Wendy greeted from her spot on the couch.

Seulgi tossed her keys on the kitchen counter and greeted her friends with a surprised expression.

"Hey Wen, hey Sooyoung," Seulgi replied with a small smile, putting her jacket on the coat hanger.

Sooyoung greeted her with a nod of her head and a smile, but Wendy's brows furrowed.

"How did it go with Y/N?"She inquired.

Seulgi patted to the living room of the Red Velvet girls' shared apartment.

She silently asked if the other girls were home yet, a movement of her thumb to her back, and to the rest of the entire apartment, mouth open, expecting Wendy's cue before she could reply. When Wendy understood her silent question she shook her head no, and Seulgi let a sigh of relief escape her lips.

She sat on the couch with a grunt and grabbed the water bottle on the white coffee table.

"As expected.

-Which means?"Sooyoung asked.

Seulgi took a few gulps of the still water, closed the bottle, and put it back on the table.

She raised her shoulders in helplessness.

"She's mad."She said, and the pair nodded understandingly.

"But she'll come around."She added, "how about you guys? Weren't you supposed to go to the movies tonight?

-We were, but I got held back at work."Sooyoung groaned.

After all this time, she still worked at YG Entertainment. Had a bigger position and bigger salary than when she had started of course, but Seulgi still wondered how she did it.

But then, maybe Sooyoung felt similarly about Seulgi and Wendy's positions as entertainers in SM Entertainment.

Wendy patted Sooyoung's head affectionately.

"It's okay babe, it'll sort itself out.

-Not if Ashley can help it."Sooyoung complained.

Seulgi took her sweater off, put it behind her, and sat back in her spot on the couch.

"That Ashley a co-worker of yours? Why don't you like her?"She asked Wendy's... not girlfriend, Seulgi reminded herself, but something for sure.

Sooyoung nodded and her chocolate bangs fell around her face, Wendy putting them back between her ears with an adoring look.

Sometimes Seulgi was jealous of them, she couldn't lie.

She imagined Irene doing the same for her in a romantic situation and almost laughed at the thought. Yeah, as if.

"She is. I'm not sure but it's probably nothing, I hope I'm wrong anyways..."Sooyoung muttered and Seulgi could've sworn she was paler than before.

"She's the one that had her pissed off too that night we were going to Sunmi's party," Wendy reminded Seulgi.

Was she? Seulgi's mind was a little bit hazy.  "She's a real gossip addict too, "Wendy added with apparent disgust for the woman, "even her name is stupid."She scoffed.

Seulgi's curiosity peaked. What could be so bad about her name?

When she inquired for more details to the pair, Sooyoung spit her name out with such a low and annoyed voice Seulgi almost thought she had growled.

"Really?"All of a sudden her eyebrows perked up and she got up for a second from the excitement and surprise.

"Do you have a picture?"She asked Sooyoung seemingly out of the blue.