16: Spin it

XVI.

Going to an afterparty at Lee Sunmi's house had seemed like the next logical choice, after clubbing for hours and getting sick and tired of the crowds.

The girls had been smart and gracious enough to split Joy and Jisoo, and Rosé and Y/N.

Y/N's eyes wandered aimlessly from her spot at the back of the uber van, looking at the yellowish streetlights. She heard herself sigh heavily, as her mind drifted to the heavy reality of unresolved trauma after her breakup with Rosé Park.

Seeing your ex on every billboard as her band rose to be the first worldwide sensation was hard enough, having to see her in the flesh was a whole other thing.

"Sooyoung seemed a little tense."Wendy's voice snapped Y/N of her thoughts.

She turned her head to look at her friend.

"What do you mean?"Yeri chuckled, asking the question Y/N wanted to ask. "You've been sucking each other's faces all night, what could she have to be worried about?"

Wendy paused to think, putting a strand of blonde hair behind her ear, looking at Seulgi, then at Y/N, then at Jennie, Irene and Yeri again.

"I don't know."She dismissed. "She kept rambling about some girl at work. I'm not sure I got it right."She looked at Y/N then Jennie, before quickly averting her eyes, quick enough that only Irene noticed.

"If it's really important, you'll remember in the morning,"Seulgi advised, thinking her friends only had had too much to drink and patting her shoulder affectionately.

Wendy nodded and smiled, but Y/N couldn't help but think Irene's look was a little intense.

She was about to open her drunk mouth to confront the older woman, when her best friend talked first, asking Jennie if they had to buy or order anything, since she had discussed the logistics with Sunmi, being the most organized of the group.

Jennie politely refused, and Y/N spaced out for the rest of the trip, while the girls chatted about who to invite if they were up.

*** *** ***

Eventually, a few other people ended up at Sunmi's flat.

Notably, Lisa's friend Bam Bam, the Mamamoo members who had been invited by Seulgi, and Jessi, who had been invited by Sunmi.

The second she had stepped into the apartment, Y/N had felt the weight of her mistake on her shoulders, sinking in.

Most people went into the living room, but Y/N stayed behind with Wheein, Jisoo, and Jessi, opening up drinks and getting glasses out.

"It's been a while you guys," Jessi small-talked as the other girls filled drinks and got snacks out and into bowls.

"It really has."Y/N agreed.

"We saw each other recently," Wheein noticed gesturing between her and Y/N," it's too bad you guys weren't free that day," Wheein complained.

Jisoo nodded in agreement.

"It sucks. Things were crazy, we'll make it next time."The dark-haired idol promised.

Jessi started bickering playfully with Jisoo, telling her to take care of herself and ditch responsibilities one night in a while.

"That's what I'm doing right now!"The idol countered, the group chuckled in agreement.

After getting all the booze out, Jisoo announced she'd be bringing some bottles to the living room, Wheein going after her.